Monday, May 24, 2010

Super Weekend!

 

My weekend was fantastic! I hope yours was too! Saturday night we hosted game night at our house. 6 of us played games, had some drinks and ate some great food. 

The star of my weekend was Sunday. I spent the whole day with the husband and it was GREAT. I started the day with 45 minutes on the stationary bike at the gym and then we went to a Golf Superstore. I was not thrilled about this at all at first. However, looking around the store I saw so much cute golf stuff and my husband was so excited telling me about all the different clubs and tools, I started to gain a little interest. I thought it would be something active that we could enjoy, outdoors, together. After we did some more running around I asked if he would take me to the driving range. I think he was shocked at first, but he asked our friends Keith and Cyndi to come with us. Cyndi is also new to golf and I was able to hit her golf clubs. I’m not that great, but I did make several good shots and now I can’t wait to go back!

Weekend Ranch Chicken Golf 008 Weekend Ranch Chicken Golf 009

I was coached after that 2nd picture by the husband to not lift my left heel off the ground. Hey, it’s my first time! I was looking at the ball at least.

After the driving range, I had to make dinner and I finally decided it was time to make Ranch Chicken. I’ve been meaning to for weeks! My friend Kim makes an awesome ranch dip for parties. She uses fat free greek yogurt and a ranch dressing packet. That’s it and it’s great for veggies or chips! I love it so much, I decided to try marinating chicken in it.

Ranch Chicken (2 servings, 5 points per serving)

Ingredients Weekend Ranch Chicken Golf 014

7 oz uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast  
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt  
1/2 cup Progresso® Bread crumbs Panko crispy bread crumbs - plain  
1 Tbsp Hidden Valley Original Dip Mix 

Instructions

Mix together yogurt and ranch dressing mix. Place chicken into yogurt mixture and allow to marinate for 15-20 minutes.

Remove chicken from mixture and coat with Panko bread crumbs.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a baking pan with non-stick spray and bake chicken for 20-25 minutes until done.

It gives the chicken amazing flavor and the Panko adds a great crunch! Perfect summer meal when you have some Sunday Sweet Potato Salad on the side.

My Meal Plan for the week is:

Meatless Monday – Spicy Malaysian Noodles (a variation of this recipe)

Tuesday – Beer Can Chicken (the husband is making it on Monday, I’m going to have it leftover on Tuesday)

Wednesday – Roasted Veggie Pizza

Thursday – Taco Night!

This weekend was supposed to be so many things. It was supposed to be a movie date and me learning to use a grill. I’m so glad that I ended up playing Sunday by ear and just enjoying the time. My life is very planned out and I’m a very structured person. It was nice to just wing it and step outside of my comfort zone.

What did you do this weekend? Did you try anything new?

5 comments:

Tracy on May 24, 2010 at 9:24 AM said...

I am no good at golf, have sincerely tried it several times (both Darren and Dallas golf), but just can't get the knack. I spend the time in the golf cart, driving and reading! lol

Unknown on May 24, 2010 at 10:47 AM said...

SO jealous of your gold outing! I have my own clubs and I loved going out- although I wouldn't sometimes because of my size!!! SAD- now I can not swing a club. :( My stupid back prevents me from it.

That chicken looks good! and I love your meal plan for the week! Such a good planner!!! :)

The mac N cheese was SO GOOD! I did not use jalapenos- I mixed in a dash of cayenne pepper- but it came out good!

Unknown on May 24, 2010 at 10:48 AM said...

GOLF!!! NOT GOLD! lol sorry I am still sippin my 1st cup of coffee. lol

Tish on May 24, 2010 at 11:31 AM said...

Tonyne, what a great week end report. I loved your golf outing. Nice togetherness with the hubby and that you had fun. My DH loves golf and I've been meaning to take lessons (or show some interest) for a very long time. Maybe now I will. I'm going to try the Greek yogurt & ranch dressing dip, too.

Lindsay on May 24, 2010 at 3:40 PM said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!! Love it!!!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.