Friday, May 7, 2010

Let’s put a cherry on top.

 

Friday. Let’s sum up a less than stellar week. I’ll start with weigh-in.

Weigh-In

Weight Last Week: 157.4lbs

Weight This Week: 160.1lbs

Difference of: +2.7lbs

I gained. I’m not shocked. It’s been a rough week for me and I’ve made no secret of that. Time to get back in control.

Training

I wish that I could say my exercise was on point this week, but that  would be a lie. I managed to do some, but not enough. To top off the kneerough week with a nice little cherry, yesterday I started my 4.5 mile run and around mile 2 I felt my knee begin to throb. I stopped and walked for a bit, started to run again and it was even worse. I rested, iced, compressed and elevated all afternoon and I’m still in quite a bit of pain every time it moves. I think it’s safe to say that my running is on hold for a little while. I am going to give it a few days before I make a decision about going to the doctor. I’ve had knee pain before, this is just a little different.

Cooking

I made a couple of really good things this week. Sunday’s Sweet Potato Salad and The Best Soup in the World. Last night I made a pita with cucumber sauce and used Quorn, but I didn’t document the recipe. I swear you can sub that for chicken in almost anything and it just works!

008 Food - White Bean and Spinach Soup 007 BBQ Quron Pizza 001

High/Lows

Lows

  • Let’s just start this off with Tuesday’s out of control Nuts-a-palooza binge.
  • New knee pain.
  • My activity level wasn’t great.
  • I gave into the “well, I’ve already blown it this week, why bother” mentality once or twice. I know, I know…that’s BS. I tell people regularly that that is BS, but I want to be honest. No excuses!
  • I didn’t track my food well at all.
  • It was a very hungry week.

Highs

  • I cooked some great food.
  • I had an amazing time with Kelly and her family for the birthday celebrations of birthday celebrations.
  • The comments and support I got from the blogging community regarding the binge was amazing. It feels so good to know I’m not alone in this thing.
  • I got to spend quite a bit of time hanging out with my husband over the past couple days. That is never a bad thing in my book.
  • I was honest about a very weak moment. I didn’t hide it in the trash can and act shocked about a weight gain. I talked about it openly and it made me feel as if I could regroup and move on. The old Tonyne would have totally acted as if it never happened and you guys would have never known.
  • I had a great lunch today with an old friend. I am starting to appreciate how precious life is. We only get one chance to do this. We should make the most of it.

Wrap it up Tonyne

Thank you guys for always commenting and reading regardless if I’ve had a good week or a bad week. We can’t win them all, they can’t all be good weeks. The bad weeks help us realize just how good the weeks are when everything just falls into place.

I hope you all have happy weekends!

What was your high and your low for this week? I would really like to hear about them!

5 comments:

Tami on May 7, 2010 at 9:27 AM said...

I am new to your blog and am enjoying reading about your journey.

Your highs out weigh (no pun intended)your lows for the week and that is awesome!

Wishing you healing and a quick recovery.

Unknown on May 7, 2010 at 11:07 AM said...

Heres to a GREAT week- no worries on the gain! You are doing so well! Hope your knee is ok??!! :(

Jenn@slim-shoppin on May 7, 2010 at 1:45 PM said...

I think as long as you can walk away from a week that's not so stellar is to talk about it, and learn from it and move on, which is what it sounds like you are doing! Sorry about the knee pain, that stinks. I had knee pain during my marathon on the outside of my knee and wearing a brace while running helped. I would say if it still isn't working, to have it checked out so you can get back to your running schedule.

Tish on May 7, 2010 at 2:06 PM said...

Hey Tonyne,
Hang in there. I'm sorry about the running, but you definitely can't muck up your knee. Do go to the doctor, the sooner you go, the sooner you know what's up and can work towards getting back to normal.

Anonymous said...

Highs and lows are a great way to review everything going on in your life. I'm so sorry to hear you're frustrated but do not be discouraged- it'll all get better soon
Katherine

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.