Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Sweet Potato Salad

 

This time of year brings around Cookout or Backyard BBQ (depending on where you’re from) season and I have a twist on potato salad that is as kind to your taste buds as it is to your health!

Sunday Sweet Potato Salad (3pts per serving, 2 servings)

1 large cooked sweet potato, cut into cubes, boiled until just tender and drained008
1/2 Tbsp honey   
1 Tbsp onion, finely chopped  
2 Tbsp raisins  
2 Tbsp lemon juice, canned or bottled  
2 tsp sugar substitute  
1 Tbsp Kraft Miracle Whip Salad Dressing  
1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients except potato, mix well. Add sweet potato and stir to coat.

Serve room temperature or cold. 

This whips up fairly quickly and has a nice sweet and savory flavor! This will probably be my “go to” dish for cook outs this Spring and Summer. So, all my friends and family have been warned!

I hope you all had fantastic weekends! I will check in tomorrow with a proper update. I just couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you!

3 comments:

Ellen on May 2, 2010 at 7:06 PM said...

I love sweet potatoes, no matter how they're cooked. Your recipe looks mighty good. Just need a nice piece of chicken and some salad, great Sunday dinner!

Unknown on May 3, 2010 at 11:57 AM said...

ooh that looks DELICIOUS!

Anonymous said...

You know I'll be making it!


Thanks, Shelly

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.