Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Non-cooking.

 

Last night I was supposed to make a fancy vegetarian spicy noodle dish, but alas, after a hellish day of work I didn’t feel like it.

That’s right. Me. The girl that LOVES to be in the kitchen, did not want to go into the kitchen. So, I nuked a meal. I don’t recommend it.

non-cooking 001 non-cooking 002

Blah.

Yum.

At least I stuck with Meatless Monday. I steamed the sprouts in the microwave and just S&P’ed them. They were by far the best part of that meal. I hate eating overly processed stuff. I swear one of these days I’m just going to stop buying it all together.

My work day yesterday was insane. It will be like this for the next 3 months. As I’m adjusting back to the crazy pace of Summer at the Beach, it’s going to take me awhile to adjust. I know that half of the reason the day was so stressful was because I skipped my workout yesterday morning. It was raining, the husband and the dog were sleeping peacefully next to me…ok, that’s a lie, the husband had gotten up for golf, but the dog and I were sleeping peacefully.

I even dreamt I was on the treadmill! I was walking at a fast pace and decided to run, just when I started to jog a little a get my stride the treadmill stopped suddenly and started beeping at me! It was my alarm. Maybe that’s a sign I’m still not ready to start running yet? Thursday will make 3 weeks since my last run. I’m really starting to get desperate…I think 1 mile would put me on top of the world. I miss it so much. I know my knee just isn’t really ready yet.

Today will be better though. I at least got a work out in. I walked to my amenity center this morning and all of the alarms were going off. It was so incredibly loud I could still hear it with my Ipod maxed out on volume. I waited about 10 minutes, stretching and trying to decide if I could work out with the sound, decided I could not. I came home and did a 20 Minute Sweat cross training work out on Exercise TV and I found a Yoga work out for after work today.

Do you guys have crazy dreams? I have them all the time!

5 comments:

Tracy on May 25, 2010 at 9:47 AM said...

is the yoga workout on Fit TV on Demand too? I need to find one.

Unknown on May 25, 2010 at 10:57 AM said...

Sorry you had a bad day at work yesterday! :( I tried that pizza ONCE. I also ate the cheese off the box- it dripped all over the side of it as it cooked. lol NASTY!

Tish on May 25, 2010 at 2:43 PM said...

Funny about the LC v. the Brussels Sprouts. I know what you mean about cooking. I love to cook. I'd always much rather cook that go out to eat. I think we dream about what's worrying us. You obviously want to run again. Hold off until your knee and your MD say it's okay. We miss you on the BTL challenge. Next month is coming fast. I'm not blogging much on BTL any more, but check out my new blog.

Robyn on May 25, 2010 at 5:54 PM said...

Sometimes even us cooks just don't have the energy to make a meal. There are days when I just can't bare it after a long day at work!

Tricia on May 27, 2010 at 11:43 AM said...

I'm guilty of eating that pizza in a pinch. I actually kind of like it IF you cook it in the oven.

yum, brussel sprouts are my fav!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.