Friday, May 21, 2010

My Friday song and dance

 

Yesterday was my day off. I tend to stay off the computer on my days off because I like to just unplug. I may pop up here and there, but for the most part I’m just…unplugged. I had high hopes for yesterday.

I slept until almost 9am. I rarely sleep that late. When I woke up, I did one of Jillian Michaels workouts, can’t remember the name, on Exercise TV On Demand.

Day off 001 Day off 003

It was pretty good, reminded me of 30 day shred a lot. It makes me wonder if all of her DVDs are that repetitive.

After the workout I started to get a headache. I drank a green monster and started out and about on my errands. I had to run to Wal-Mart and the farmer’s market. My headache got progressively worse as the day went on. I did score some great loot at the farmer’s market. I got fresh strawberries, kale, peppers, tomatoes and corn on the cob! I love spring produce! I should have taken a picture…but again, when I got home I just unloaded quickly so I could sit down because my head hurt.

My plan at this point was to spend the afternoon at the pool with a book, but the sun was making my head hurt worse, so I ate some leftover Goulash Coolash (which tasted even better the 2nd day!) and got on the couch. While on the couch I started thinking about all of my strawberries and how I was out of fancy dessert cups, so I decided to make my own. Did you guys know that Strawberry Shortcake is my most favorite dessert ever? Well, now you do. It is.

Day off 004 Day off 007

2 cups of Reduced Sugar Yellow Cake mix and 1 cup fat free plain yogurt. Mix them together (mix will be thick), divide evenly into 12 muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Voila, 2 point dessert cakes perfect to be topped with strawberries and fat free cool whip! (or whatever your heart desires…)

Day off 010

I still had a headache. I made tuna burgers and kale chips for dinner. Still had a headache, so the rest of the day was a wash on the couch. That, was my day off. Thrilling, huh?

Weigh-In

Last Week’s Weight: 160.1

This Week’s Weight: 156

Difference of: –4.1lbs

Holy Cow Batman! I knew I was having a better week, but not that much better. I moved beyond recycled weight loss. The lowest I have been up until this point is 157.4. So, this is a new low for me! This also moved me down to 21 weight watcher points per day. It will be interesting to see how I do with that.

High/Lows

Highs

  • I got my eating back on track and stopped the crazy snacking.
  • I made lots of healthy food.
  • I got back on the exercise train.
  • My knee is feeling SO MUCH better.
  • I lost 4.1lbs!

Lows

  • Last weekend was pretty high calorie.
  • I was on call for work and my stress level has been through the roof. I think that’s the reason for yesterday’s all day headache.
  • I drank more diet soda than I normally do. I usually have 1-2 a month. I had 2 this week. I have no idea why, I just wanted it.

All and all, not that bad. My lows weren’t that low this week and my highs felt pretty high.

What was your highest high and your lowest low this week?

3 comments:

Tish on May 21, 2010 at 7:57 AM said...

Wowzers, Tonyne, You managed to have a great day despite that old headache. Your strawberry shortcakes look awesome. I'm going to snitch that recipe from ya. And your weight loss! Hurray for you. FOUR pounds! And a new, non-recycled low. You inspire me.

Seth on May 21, 2010 at 10:23 AM said...

When I get a headache - I'm out for a while. The best way for me to get rid of it is to sleep. Sleep i do.

You got a lot more accomplished than i would have even attempted.

Keep it up and score on the farmer's market loot!

Unknown on May 21, 2010 at 11:09 AM said...

WOW! What a great loss!!! :) YOU GO GIRL!!!

I've never heard of adding yogurt to a cake mix! Ever try the diet soda cakes? Those are light and fluffy- I bet these are better, I gotta try them! :) THANKS!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.