Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Regroup

So, last night, I posted a blog during a weak moment. I was embarrassed, disheartened and very sad. I felt it was important to share that moment because I know I'm not the only one that has those moments or feels that way after them. I don't want anyone to think that I have this dialed in or I don't struggle...because, I do struggle. This is hard and I have to work at it every day.

Today is a new day, I will try and treat it as such. Yesterday is the past,leave it there. I will make the most of today. I will focus on the good in this week.

I made some awesome food, my Sunday Sweet Potato Salad and quite possibly the Best Soup in The World.

I had a good run on Tuesday:



I did some Yoga this morning and during meditation I reflected on why I might have binged, then I decided to just let it go. Because the past is the past.

I read my horoscope this morning and I think it reflected the situation perfect!

Aries for 5/5/10

Not everyone knows that we make our own luck, but it's a fact that you count on every day. If some recent setback has brought you down, don't think of it as failure -- instead, see of it as a lesson to help aid your future success. What will you know to do for next time? Once you've figured it all out, you can go back and tweak your original formula. You're sure to like your results next time.

Tonight I am looking forward to a relatively "unplugged" night at home with the husband. Maybe I'll take the dog for a walk. Tomorrow I have the day off from work, a 4.5 mile run planned and then I might relax pool side for a bit. I feel like I need to just relax and I'm going pay attention to that feeling.

I hope everyone is having a good week!

4 comments:

Seth on May 5, 2010 at 12:10 PM said...

keep it up. accept. move forward!

Syl on May 5, 2010 at 12:40 PM said...

Good for you for moving on and not letting it over take you.
For me I cannot have potato chips in my house, when my kids ask for them I buy them a small bag each and let them have some but they are not allowed to bring them home. i know crazy but it's a major trigger food for me.

Sometimes when we admit that we have struggled it makes us want to just work harder.
Good work!

Elisabeth @ joggerslife.com on May 5, 2010 at 12:56 PM said...

I agree...my motto this week has been "we fall down, we get back up". It all started when I fell off of my bike on Sunday. lol.

I'm an Aries too...and that horoscope is epic for me today. Thank you.

Tricia on May 5, 2010 at 4:53 PM said...

yep, today is a new day.

great job on the run!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.