Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Presto Pesto

 

Yesterday I mentioned that I made a batch of home made gnocchi and ohmygoodnessiminlove! Especially after I made this sauce to go on top of it. This was my Meatless Monday.

Presto Pesto (1 pt per serving, 2 servings)Presto Pesto & Gnocchi 009

Ingredients

1/2 cup raw spinach   
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese  
2 tsp minced garlic  
2 Tbsp vegetable broth
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice

Instructions

Combine the above and blend.

Presto Pesto & Gnocchi 012

It’s that simple. This pesto would be good on anything. I left out the pine nuts due to the husband’s allergy, plus, I’m not a huge fan of them.  I had it on gnocchi with a side of zucchini and onions. It was an amazing dinner.

I was famished by dinner time because I…MADE IT TO THE POOL!!!!

 

pool before pool after

Before

After

Swimming laps is HARD WORK! I had my Blackberry in a Ziploc bag beside the pool because I’m on call for work. I wouldn’t normally have taken pictures, but after my behavior the past week and a half, you guys should be demanding proof of my workouts. I did 20 minutes of serious laps, stopping for a 1 minute break every 5 minutes or so. I did a mixture of freestyle, back stroke and breast stroke. I also spent 5 minutes before and after really stretching out my knee in the water. It felt so good! I am so lucky to have an indoor pool at my amenity center. I can’t believe I haven’t been using it!

So, I give myself a Gold Star for Monday. I know one good day, does not get me back on the wagon, but at least I feel as if I can see the wagon now!

I want to thank you all for your encouragement and support yesterday. My heart is full.  I was really surprised by how many of you appreciated my honesty. I promise to lay it all out there, if it helps someone feel like they are not alone. This journey is hard. We have to support each other.

I just got back from the gym where I did 22 minutes on the Elliptical, some arm weights and crunches. I didn’t have nearly enough time as I had hoped I would, we seem to be having a smoke detector issue at our home this morning, I spent 15 minutes climbing up and down on a stool changing batteries. I think that totally should count as exercise.

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!

5 comments:

Tracy on May 18, 2010 at 7:58 AM said...

good job! keep it up! hey, we have picked up your tradition, we are starting meatless Mondays! last night was the first time, and it went well.

Unknown on May 18, 2010 at 10:09 AM said...

My grandma & I used to make gnocchi together- so good! :) Never thought to make pesto w/ spinach- hummm interesting! :)

I was going to have the therapist the the pool I go to take a picture of me, but I didn't wanna answer all the questions as to WHY? lol Good job on the pool workouts! :)

Tricia on May 18, 2010 at 11:20 AM said...

yum!

Lindsay on May 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM said...

good job! That looks so good!

Fit Chick in the City on May 19, 2010 at 6:46 AM said...

Cute photos!!!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.