Monday, May 3, 2010

No regrets.

 

I had an amazing weekend. I ended up taking Saturday off and spending the weekend celebrating my friend Kelly’s birthday as well as her father’s birthday. She had family and friends in town from all over the east coast. We ate, we drank and we were very merry. I didn’t make the best food choices, I went terribly overboard at times, and I didn’t make the time for my workouts, but I have no regrets.

This did not derail me. I indulged, relaxed and now I will let it go. A weekend with that much happiness, love and laughter can in no way shape or form be bad for me.

That being said, it’s Monday. Life is back to normal as I know it. So I will start this morning off at the gym for Alternate Cardio & Weights,* followed by work and a Meatless Monday dinner tonight. Here is my meal plan for the week:

Meatless Monday – White Bean & Spinach Soup (with some tweaks)

Tuesday – Greek Quorn Pita Sandwiches

Wednesday – Whole Wheat Couscous & Kidney Bean Salad

Thursday – Grilled Ranch Chicken

Friday – Leftovers

In case you missed it yesterday, I posted a recipe for a Sunday Sweet Potato Salad that I threw together last night. It’s what I have for lunch today and if you like sweet potato you will love this recipe.

Yesterday I also planted a Topsy Turvey Tomato Grower on my porch. I filled the 3 growing pods with Tomato, Zucchini and Bell Pepper. Cross your fingers, I’m not the best green thumb in the world! My little herb garden is growing well this year and I also prettied up the porch with some new begonias and impatience. It looks so nice out there! I also think that gardening (even if in containers) should be considered exercise. I had to carry a very heavy bag of potting soil on my shoulder up a flight of stairs! My arms are actually a little sore this morning!

Sorry the pictures aren’t very good…I took them at 5:40am this morning because I didn’t think to take any yesterday afternoon!

What did you do this weekend?



*Gym update: I made it to my amenity center this morning, noticed all of the flat screen TVs (5 total) were missing, cables dangling. I did 10 minutes on the elliptical and moved to the weight room to find some wall damage, the chair used to hoist the thieves up still in place, gloves on the chair and a generally creepy vibe. Since I had no phone or anything on me and there isn't one in the center, I left, mildly freaked out, came home and reported it. My little corner of the world has always been crime free. :(

*Gym update 2: The HOA called me back and the break in actually happened on Thursday night, the marks on the wall were from a messy finger printing job by the sheriffs department and since they are still investigating, they haven't cleaned up the place much. Supposedly there was a letter to this effect hanging somewhere in the complex, but it wasn't on the main door because I looked. Oh well, serves me right for skipping the gym for 2 days. ;)

6 comments:

Miz on May 3, 2010 at 6:02 AM said...

have a great monday, woman. I LOVE that you had such a fantastic weekend.

Im off to embrace my routine as well.

Miz.

ThunderThighs on May 3, 2010 at 8:22 AM said...

it's great that you aren't letting your food choices over the weekend take you down! sorry your gym was broken into, btw, that's always a great way to make you feel violated :(

Seth on May 3, 2010 at 10:44 AM said...

keep it up...

that's weird about the break-in -- is that a public place and you were the first to notice?

I need a cook to do all of that planning for me.

Ryan @NoMoreBacon on May 3, 2010 at 11:35 AM said...

I think I'm feeling a gardening itch. We have space for a garden but we're still really working on landscaping and won't have a designated garden area before it's time to plant (like, right now). Maybe one of those Topsy Turvy things would be the way to go for now. Great post!

Fit Chick in the City on May 3, 2010 at 2:53 PM said...

Sounds like you had an amazing weekend! Good job on keeping things in perspective.

Lindsay on May 4, 2010 at 12:39 AM said...

What a fun weekend!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.