Monday, May 17, 2010

I won't lie anymore

I'm not going to lie about it anymore. I'm not going to sugar coat it. Since my knee injury, I have fallen off the wagon.



I have eaten entirely too much, mindlessly snacked even more, used my knee as an excuse not to exercise AT ALL and for the past 10 days I haven't tracked my food, I haven't cared. I pretty much just gave up.

This morning, I feel terrible. I feel like the old me. I feel snappy, moody, sluggish. My pants are feeling a little snug. I have no energy. I feel depressed. I couldn't get out of bed this morning for love or money. I stayed in bed until the last possible minute and then rushed to get to work. I don't like this.

I started my morning with a Green Monster with 1/4 cup uncooked oatmeal added for substance. Today is the day I have to climb back on the wagon.

I have to go to the gym after work. I know I can't run, but I can swim, I can do the elliptical and I can do weights. I have to.

If you haven't noticed yet, this blog post is more for me than for you. It's a pep-talk to myself.

Suck it up cupcake. Get through this work day, go to the gym after work and don't go snack crazy tonight. Period. It's not rocket science. Just do it. Oh and by the way TRACK YOUR FOOD DUMMY! If no one sees you eat it, your ass still knows you ate it.

My Meal Plan for the Week:

Meatless Monday - Homemade Gnocchi* with Spinach Pesto (sans-pine nuts)
Tuesday - Sweet Potato with Beans, similar to last week's Meatless Monday
Wednesday - Goulash (do you know how long it's been since I've had goulash? I just randomly started craving it and I know I can make a healthified version)
Thursday - Tuna Burger
Friday - Leftovers of some sort, maybe on a pizza.

*I made a batch of homemade gnocchi yesterday, my kitchen was a mess but it was totally worth it. It's amazing! I think this will become a regular edition to my meal planning schedule.

I got a question on my last post about how I find time to cook. Cooking is a huge form of stress release for me. I enjoy my time in the kitchen very much. Meal planning helps a lot with time because I know what meats, etc. to remove from the freezer and have thawed and ready for use each day and I don't have to spend time thinking about what to make. Most of my meals take less than an hour to prepare. I go into the kitchen at about 6:15 and I'm sitting down to eat by 7 at the latest. It's a time commitment that I enjoy, I wish I could find more time to be in the kitchen!

My exercise plan for the week:

Monday - Swim
Tuesday - Elliptical and Weights
Wednesday - Swim
Thursday - Elliptical or Bike and Weights
Friday - Swim or Elliptical

Since my May Motivation training schedule is out, I need to come up with a new plan. I must have a plan. I will fail without one.

Ok. This is it. No more excuses. I want you guys to hold me to it. If I don't post tomorrow about how I went to the gym after work today, I want you guys to call me on it. I'm serious.

Happy Monday, what is your plan for the week? Do you have one?

8 comments:

Ryan @NoMoreBacon on May 17, 2010 at 11:40 AM said...

You're taking the right steps girl. We all fall off the horse at some point but what separates us is those who get back on vs. those who stay down. You're getting back on. Good for you! Injuries suck. Maybe this post will add a little help: http://www.nomorebacon.com/702/day-136-the-33-minute-mile/

Have a good day!

Seth on May 17, 2010 at 11:40 AM said...

honestly, your honesty is appreciated. it makes things real and allows us to be able to appropriately help out when needed.

I think I just don't have the motivation to be in the kitchen that long. I think that's my problem with cooking.

Unknown on May 17, 2010 at 11:49 AM said...

Holding out my hand for you to jump back on the wagon! (ok maybe not JUMP it would not be good for your knee!) :) It's hard when you are so active then need to slow it down- I know you can focus again and come back strong! YOU CAN DO IT! :)

Great plan for the week with food and exercise! :)

Tracy on May 17, 2010 at 2:30 PM said...

I haven't fell, but my butt is on the edge and I have been dragging my feet. It is hard when it hurts to be physically active. The important thing is you recognized the signs and make an adjustment. And it is nice to know you are human! Makes me not feel as bad when I slip too.

Syl on May 17, 2010 at 2:33 PM said...

I could have written this post. Time to get back at it and get it done for me.

Tish on May 17, 2010 at 3:27 PM said...

Hey girl, Here's a hand, come up and sit by me on this ole wagon. I'm an expert at chasing after it and climbing back on (and, of course falling off). I've missed you on the challenge, but hope to see you when the knee gets healed.

Corletta on May 17, 2010 at 3:55 PM said...

I appreciate how honest you are with yourself. For whatever reason, there are a lot of people that blog, including myself sometimes, that play games. Playing games does not =weight loss!!! Thanks for the reminder!

Lindsay on May 17, 2010 at 4:48 PM said...

Love you honesty!!! Way to make a plan. Hope your knee feels better soon :)

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.