Friday, May 14, 2010

Sweet Treats

 

Weigh In

Last Week’s Weight: 160.1lbs

This Week’s Weight: 160.1lbs

Difference of: 0lbs

I’m kind of shocked I didn’t gain, I will take a “stay”, for sure. Especially with the past week. Yesterday, I did the elliptical machine for 22 minutes. It’s the first real activity I’ve had in a week. I haven’t been eating great…I’ve been eating healthy stuff, just larger portions that I should be. I know I’m eating emotions, I’m upset about my knee and I’m stressed out. I’m eating to cope. I have looked this in the face and it will stop. I know I can do some working out, that is where I need to direct that stress now. My knee is healing, I won’t push it, but it’s time to get back to work. Reign it in. I can do it. Does anyone else hear “Eye of the Tiger”? No? Hmmm….

Cooking

Last night for dinner I made Baked Coconut Shrimp. coconut shrimp 002

Oh.

My.

Goodness.

A-freaking-mazing.

I followed the recipe exactly, so I won’t repost it here. Whoever wrote this recipe is my hero. This will be a summer regular around these parts. Especially since I can get my hand on fresh shrimp pretty easily. I dipped them in the Spicy Apricot Sauce that I made for chicken a couple days ago. I told you that sauce would be versatile! Here’s another use! :) I’ve had a great food week!

strawberry shortcake 003 Yesterday, I went to the farmer’s market and it’s strawberry season! I got a giant container, so I found it only fitting to have a Strawberry shortcake (my absolutely most favorite dessert) to celebrate the 1st Birthday of The Unlikely Success Story. The dessert cups I used were only 100 calories and the strawberries were so perfect they didn’t need  any sugar. Perfect end to a perfect day off.

High/Lows

Highs

I enjoyed a terrific beach day with Kelly on Thursday.

Saturday night my husband and I enjoyed a nice evening chatting with friends under the stars.

I took care of my knee, instead of being irresponsible and pushing through it.

I cooked and shared some great food this week. :)

Lows

I didn’t get enough activity in.

I ate my emotions.

I am letting my stress level get the best of me instead of handling it in healthy ways. I stayed stressed out most of the week because of it.

Wrap it up, Tonyne

All in all, another “not so great” week. It wasn’t terrible, it could have been better, but it is what it is. Now that I’m back in the gym, even if I’m no where near running or leg presses yet, I’ll get back in the swing of things. I have faith in myself.

What are you doing this weekend? Anything fun? I am working and to top that, I’m on-call! Boo. :)

8 comments:

Kristen @ Change of Pace on May 14, 2010 at 7:24 AM said...

Coconut shrimp is one of my favorite things... but it's usually so fattening! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!

Don't let this week get to you... There's always next week :)

Seth on May 14, 2010 at 8:46 AM said...

Where do you find all the time to cook? or even to prepare for cooking?

ThunderThighs on May 14, 2010 at 9:14 AM said...

your food always looks so yummy... and don't let the lows get you down, there were less of those than the highs (4 to 3)... and there's always next week! keep your chin up!

Tish on May 14, 2010 at 9:26 AM said...

Good for you for staying the same. Hang in there, your knee will get better and you'll be running again soon. Love the look of that recipe. Coconut shrimp is my daughter's favorite meal, I'll have to add it to my repertoire.

Unknown on May 14, 2010 at 11:29 AM said...

I applaud you for staying the same. Give yourself a lil break its been a rough week for you. Not easy to stay put and not be active when that is what you are used to! Hang in there!

I love making coconut shrimp at home! You reminded me to add that to the SOON list! :)

Jenn@slim-shoppin on May 14, 2010 at 2:19 PM said...

I never thought of those little cakes as the base of strawberry short cake, that's a great low cal dessert to make!

Sorry about your knee, do you have access to a pool where you can swim? You are right in taking it easy though, you don't want to make it worse!

Tracy on May 15, 2010 at 8:43 AM said...

As a fellow knee sufferer - I share your pain (both literally and physically), and I think you are doing wonderful. I am experiencing a sort of depression I have never had before. Knowing I want to move my body, I want to get up and do something instead of just sitting on the couch, and now I can't. I think it is harder now that I have started to make progress, it leaves me feeling helpless and thinking I am going to blow up like a balloon!

Hang in there, you are doing great!

Tracy on May 15, 2010 at 10:02 AM said...

I know what you mean about being miserable! I can't even clean my own house, much less workout. I am serious considering dragging out the Wii and doing some boxing or SOMETHING just to get back moving! I don't want to screw up my knee but sitting around makes me nuts

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.