Friday, April 30, 2010

Spaghetti and Kelly.

 

Weigh-in

Another Friday has approached, another weigh in day for me. weight-loss

Last Week’s Weight: 158.2lbs

This Week’s Weight: 157.4lbs

Difference of: –0.8lbs

Total Lost so far: 52.2lbs


Slow and steady wins the race right! A loss, is a loss, is a loss. I’m happy with it. :)

 Training

I did well sticking with my May Motivation schedule so far this week! Well, until this morning…I just could not get up. I tried really hard, but totally cashed in on another hour and 15 minutes of sleep.

I ran 4 miles yesterday, it was a slow moving 4 miles, I averaged 10:55/mi, but I was a little dehydrated and underestimated how warm it was outside and didn’t take water with me. At least I did it and that’s what counts!

High/Lows

Highs

  • I had 4 really GREAT work outs this week.
  • I had a weight loss.
  • I spent quality time with my husband and my friends.
  • Tonight I will get to celebrate a friend’s birthday and see some friends I haven’t seen in awhile!

Lows

  • I had a chocolate problem this week. As in, I couldn’t get enough of it.
  • I didn’t stick to my meal plan very well at all. I ate well, just not what was planned.
  • Skipping my work out this morning. Even though I still kind of feel exhausted, I still feel a little guilty about skipping. Especially knowing I won’t have time to squeeze it in later today.

Cooking

I love spaghetti. I could eat my weight in it most likely if given the time and a large fork. To help fill me up so this doesn’t happen, I load my spaghetti sauce with lots of chopped vegetables. Here’s my recipe!

Tonyne’s Hearty Spaghetti (6 pts per serving, 2 servings)

Ingredients Spaghetti 005

1 link Lean Italian sausage link, hot 
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped  
1 cup canned tomato sauce  
1 cup asparagus, chopped
1 cup zucchini, chopped 
1/2 cup tomato, chopped  
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning  
2 cups cooked whole-wheat spaghetti

Instructions

Remove sausage from casing and brown with onion. Add vegetables, tomato sauce and seasoning. Cover and allow to simmer while pasta cooks.
Serve half of the sauce over half of the pasta, top lightly with parmesan cheese if desired.

You could easily leave the sausage out of this to make it vegetarian or change the meat to ground turkey or lean beef. You can also use your preference of veggies, this is just a quick way to make a wholesome, homemade sauce instead of the over processed jarred stuff. I at mine with some garlic bread and a little parmesan cheese!

Wrap it up Tonyne…

kellyIn totally unrelated news, I would like to wish my friend Kelly a very  Happy Birthday today! She is a dear friend and a huge source of support to me. Tonight we will be enjoying buckets of chicken and buckets of daiquiris on the beach in her honor! I am looking forward to it! So, Happy Birthday Kelly! Here’s to an amazing year!

That’s it for today I guess! Happy Weekends to those of you that have them!

4 comments:

Nona on April 30, 2010 at 9:48 AM said...

Yes, a loss is a loss and 52.2lbs is stellar. Love your before and now pictures!!! Very inspiring!!!

Seth on April 30, 2010 at 10:46 AM said...

would you like to come be me and my wife's personal cook?! Ha.

we get so lazy sometimes with cooking that we pretty much live at Subway.

you've lost 52 pounds while eating awesome looking meals. way to go.

Unknown on April 30, 2010 at 10:51 AM said...

Congrats on the loss! :) WHOOHOO! :)

Robyn on April 30, 2010 at 11:30 AM said...

Look yummy! COngrats on the 4 good workouts and the weightloss.

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.