Saturday, April 24, 2010

Food for Comfort

 

Meatloaf. You love it or you hate it. I happen to LOVE it. Tonight I tried my hand at a Turkey Meatloaf with a Honey mustard glaze. Here’s what I got!

Tonyne’s Terrific Turkey Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze

(5 pts per serving, 2 servings)

Meatloafrandom food 005

7 oz uncooked ground turkey breast  
2 slices light whole wheat bread, ground in processor
1/3 cup egg whites
1/4 cup cooked carrots, shredded and sautéed  
1/3 cup cooked onions, finely chopped and sautéed  
1 tsp garlic powder  
1 tsp onion powder  

Glaze

1 Tbsp mustard  
1 Tbsp honey  
1 tsp SPLENDA® Splenda Brown Sugar Blend   

Preheat oven to 350*. Combine all ingredients for meatloaf in a bowl. Add mixture to a 5" mini loaf pan. Place in oven and cook for 25 minutes.

While loaf cooks, combine mustard, honey and brown sugar blend, whisk well.

Remove loaf from oven, top with glaze and place back in oven for 5-10 minutes.

Very YUM indeed. I served mine with a side of parsnip fries, which I’m not ashamed to say I’ve made 3 times this week. After hearing Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point rave about them for months, I finally caved. I don’t know why I waited so long!

I hope you are all having terrific weekends thus far! I am stuck at work…tell me what you’re doing! Let me life vicariously…please! :)

6 comments:

Unknown on April 24, 2010 at 10:40 AM said...

mmm that sounds good! :) I like the name of it too! TERRIFIC! :)

Tami on April 24, 2010 at 11:07 AM said...

I love meatloaf! It is good comfort food. Thanks for the recipe.

It is chore day at my house and then off to a surprise birthday party!

Syl on April 24, 2010 at 10:10 PM said...

not a fan, but yours looks yummy! I've been meaning to try the parsnip fries too....

Unknown on April 24, 2010 at 10:23 PM said...

I'm not a big meatloaf fan but that actually sounds really good! I keep hearing about parsnip fries lately, must try them!

Lindsay on April 25, 2010 at 2:04 AM said...

Amazing before and after pics! Congrats on your weight loss! Yummy food too!!!!!

Seth on April 25, 2010 at 6:29 PM said...

sounds good! Look good. I'm going to have to try it.

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.