Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It’s all Greek to me!

 

Let’s start with my run yesterday morning. It was GREAT.

4.13.10 run

It was just the confidence boost I needed for Saturday. It was one of those runs that let me going “Who is this person?”! However, my knee started to feel a little wonky when I finished and did for about 2 hours. It passed and it’s not bothering me now, but I may take it easy on it until Saturday just in case. Going to play it by ear. I skipped weights this morning just to be safe.

Speaking of training, kinda, I read this awesome article yesterday about 10 Steps to extend your running life. It’s good for any level of runner from beginner to advanced. It’s full of great tips for avoiding injury and enjoying running. Click Here for the full article. Some of the steps I currently practice, I have good shoes, I listen to my body and all that good stuff, but like with any hobby or activity, you need to learn about it. Stay fresh on current advice, etc. So, I urge any of you runners/joggers out there to READ THIS ARTICLE! Go do it, I’ll wait…

whistling 

I think it’s probably good advice for anyone, even those who don’t run or jog. Ok, enough already, I know, I know. But with only 3 days left until my 10k I’m sort of running focused.

Dinner last night was very Greek inspired. It started with Feta & Spinach Stuffed Chicken breasts, I added whole wheat couscous (with olives & artichoke) and some brussels sprouts (surely they have those in Greece, right?).

Feta & Spinach Stuffed Chicken (4 points)Stuffed Chicken 002

1/2 tsp olive oil, divided   

1/2 small onion(s), chopped   

5oz spinach, fresh

1 tsp lemon juice   

2 Tbsp feta cheese, crumbled   

1 tsp table salt, divided   

1/2 tsp black pepper, divided   

2 four ounce uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast

Instructions

In a large nonstick skillet heat oil; sauté onion until golden, 5 minutes.
Wilt spinach (steam spinach or heat damp spinach over medium heat in nonstick pan); stir in zest, feta, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
Divide spinach mixture between cutlets. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove toothpicks.

For the couscous, I just made it as directed, added some chopped kalamata olives, 2 tbsp plain fat free greek yogurt and 1 marinated artichoke heart chopped. For the sprouts, I steamed them then made a sauce out of Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper and stirred the sprouts in it. Easy, fairly quick and something I could easily serve to company. Those are the best meals!

jsAnd in case you missed this important piece of news yesterday, the cast of  Jersey Shore was caught working out in Miami. JWow was in a TUBE TOP. Who jump ropes in a Tube Top? JWOW! That’s who! Sorry, I could pass it up…I can’t turn away from Jersey Shore. It’s my super trashy TV guilty pleasure. You can find all the pictures at FitSugar.com.

So now you now you know my trashy TV guilty pleasure. What’s yours?

4 comments:

Jenn@slim-shoppin on April 14, 2010 at 1:16 PM said...

Umm, I totally watched Jersey Shore, so I am way familiar with J-Wow, and since since some of her outfits on the show were a bit, shall we say, skimpy, it doesn't surprise me she's jumping rope in a tube top!

Love your dinner, that sounds really quick to put together!

Karen on April 14, 2010 at 3:58 PM said...

I spent one hungover day watching the entire Jersey Shore marathon. Not my shining moment, for sure. But man, those folks are a train wreck. Deliciously guilty viewing pleasure! JWoww jumping rope in a tube top - isn't that what you'd wear too!?

Arlene on April 14, 2010 at 4:30 PM said...

I'm a reality TV junkie. I watched "Joe Millionaire." And from time to time, I watch Bret Michaels on "Rock of Love."

Seth on April 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM said...

Great job on the run! I'd like to be able to do 3.06 in 30 min. keep it up.

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.