Monday, April 5, 2010

7 miles

It's 5:40am and I am awake! I am bound and determined to get reacquainted with this hour of the day. Would I rather be sleeping? Absolutely. However I am proud that I am awake. With my work schedule really becoming something rather hectic for the next few months, I worry that the blog will suffer. So, I'm going to try to start writing early in the morning that way it's done and posted before the mad dash begins. So, getting up at 5:15am not only gives me time for a work out it gives me a little time to blog!

As for my workout this morning, I am going to do AM Yoga with Rodney Yee. I have had this DVD forever, but I love it. He has a very soothing voice.

I chose Yoga this morning because I am a little stiff from my 7 mile run yesterday. That's right, my 7 mile run.



That is my farthest distance yet. I am proud of myself for completing the run, however it was far from my best run. I was very sluggish and slow due to the fact I didn't get enough sleep, I had a bit too much drink the night before and I didn't eat appropriately the day before either. It was ROUGH. The Lighthouse 10k is in 2 weeks, this chick will be doing some clean living until after that. I can't put my body through another run like that. I felt like I was hitting the wall for the entire run. But, I did finish it! I wanted to quit so many times, but I didn't. I finished.

So, it's Monday morning and 2 of my goals have been completed. I completed my 7 mile run (finally) and I am awake before 6am. Go me! Let's put the Easter Candy away and keep the pendulum swinging in the right direction for awhile!

We are having a heat wave here in NC. It's supposed to be 80 degrees today! It would be the perfect day to sit on the beach or by the pool! How's the weather where you are?

5 comments:

Syl on April 5, 2010 at 9:02 AM said...

way to go Tonye! I too had my longest run ever this weekend and boy am I feeling it today :0(.

I wish I could do morning workouts like you but with my kids being such earlier risers, I prefer to end my day with time for me :0)

Our weather has been beautiful, not as warm as I would like it but much warmer than it should be for this type of year!

Jenn@slim-shoppin on April 5, 2010 at 9:20 AM said...

Great job on your run! I was a mentor once for the Chicago Marathon with Team in Training, and one of the people on my team would routinely stay out until like 2 in the morning, and then try to run 10 or 12 miles...it was not pretty!

Congrats on your weight loss!! I will be contacting you to ask if you want to be a success story on my blog!!

Tracy on April 5, 2010 at 9:56 AM said...

you continue to inspire me, even when I fall off - or this past week, slowly roll off the wagon. I tried to start again this morning but a serious back chest pain stopped me in my tracks. Off to the doc and (with his okay) back on the wagon. It all started with those damn Krispy Kreme doughnuts downstairs..... arrggghhh!

Diane J. on April 5, 2010 at 7:40 PM said...

I just ran across your blog and am loving it. You are quite inspiring.

Karen on April 8, 2010 at 4:52 PM said...

Woo hoo!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.