Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Meatless Monday – Black Bean Quesadillas

 

After a long hard day at work, my best form of relaxation is…well, I have 2, either a glass of wine or music playing a little too loud while I dance around my kitchen cooking dinner. (And since I try to never lie…sometimes both) I’m by myself at home a lot, thankfully, otherwise the husband would probably kill me for the music part since we have an open floor plan. However, that’s exactly what I did last night. I turned on the new John Mayer album (it’s really good, I promise!) and just started cooking. I had an idea of what I wanted to do, here is what I ended up with. I hope you try them, they are YUM. Of course, I would never share anything with you that I didn’t think was YUM. ;)

 food random 009Black Bean Quesadillas (5 points per serving)

Ingredients

4 Mission® White corn tortillas  
7 1/2 oz canned black beans  
1 1/2 Tbsp onion, finely chopped  
1/4 cup salsa  
1 Tbsp Taco seasoning  
1/3 cup Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Shredded Mexican-Style Cheese  
1/3 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed  
1 tsp vegetable oil, divided

Instructions

Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir in onion and cook until soft. Stir in beans and corn, add salsa and taco seasoning. Cook until heated through.
Spray large skillet with vegetable oil and a little cooking spray, place a tortilla in the skillet, sprinkle with half of the cheese, top with half of the bean mixture. Place 2nd tortilla on top. Cook until golden brown and then flip.

I served mine with some fat free plain Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) and some steamed green beans with Mrs. Dash. I love my veggies simple sometimes. This is a very filling recipe! Would be an easy switch from a beef or chicken quesadilla for a picky eater. My recipe (like all of my recipes unless otherwise noted) makes 2 servings. Either to share or, as in my case, pack for lunch the next day.

Today is my first day of a 2 day work conference. Oh Mighty Healthy Food Fairy, where ever you are, please me on my side. I think the best way to start what is bound to be another stressful day, is with a little Yoga. I’m having a hard time getting into a work out routine this week now that I’m finished with my training schedule.

How do you de-stress after a long day at work?



Don't forget, if you live near the Wilmington, NC area, I have a proposition for you!

8 comments:

Seth on April 20, 2010 at 9:16 AM said...

I work out after work - that seems to help. I wouldn't mind working out before work, but I have to get up at 6:30 as it is...earlier is not for me.

Tami@nutmegnotebook on April 20, 2010 at 11:09 AM said...

I am new to your blog and look forward to reading more of your posts. I have done WW for years and I am working on getting back to my goal weight!

That meal looks awesome.

I like to relax by listening to calm music,reading blogs or cooking healthy food.

Nikki Bond on April 20, 2010 at 11:44 AM said...

To destress, I usually pop some air popped popcorn and watch a movie on the couch. I love popcorn!

Diane Fit to the Finish on April 20, 2010 at 1:34 PM said...

We make quesadillas with black beans all the time! Even my 2 year old likes them!

Robyn on April 20, 2010 at 2:42 PM said...

This looks so yummy I'd eat the whole thing though!

HD on April 20, 2010 at 6:12 PM said...

I de-stress by reading blogs!

Unknown on April 20, 2010 at 6:56 PM said...

YUM! looks so good I had to look away...tummy is GROWLING! It's snack time! lol

Fit Chick in the City on April 21, 2010 at 9:29 AM said...

Quesadillas are so simple yet yummy! Yours look delish!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.