Monday, January 4, 2010

Meatless Monday – Roasted Veggie Pizza

 

After the holidays my body is CRAVING veggies, so I was looking forward to this Meatless Monday. I always crave pizza, so I decided to combine the two and make up my version of a Roasted Veggie Pizza.

Food - Roasted Veg Pizza 007

Roasted Veggie Pizza

1/2 small head of broccoli florets

1/4 of an onion cut into slices

1/4 pint of Grape Tomatoes cut in halves

1 small orange (or whatever you have) pepper cut in half

1 good handful (sorry, that’s the best measurement I got) of kale

1 whole wheat pizza crust (I got mine from the Deli section of my grocery store, I usually make my own.)

1 cup light tomato sauce

3/4 of Reduced Fat Italian Blend cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees, place all veggies (except kale) on a roasting pan sprayed with cooking spray, mist veggies with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in oven for 15 minutes.

Food - Roasted Veg Pizza 001  Food - Roasted Veg Pizza 003

While veggies are roasting, roll your dough out as thinly as possible and place on a pizza or baking sheet. Use a fork to poke dough holes (to keep it from rising too much) and place on the bottom rack of your oven (below the veggies) for 5 minutes.

 Food - Roasted Veg Pizza 004 Food - Roasted Veg Pizza 002

When veggies are done, remove from oven, chop pepper into pieces. Remove pizza dough and top with tomato sauce, kale and roasted veggies. Sprinkle cheese on top and place back into the 400 degree oven for another 15-20 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese has melted.

Food - Roasted Veg Pizza 005 Food - Roasted Veg Pizza 006

The result is yummy in my tummy!

Food - Roasted Veg Pizza 009

1 comments:

Roni on January 4, 2010 at 11:13 PM said...

one word...... YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY! :)

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.