Sunday, January 3, 2010

Easy Like Sunday Morning Baked Oatmeal

 

My Mom has been in town for the weekend and she will be headed back home later this morning. This makes me sad, but I want to send her off with a tummy full of good food! I kept reading about people making baked oatmeal*. I combined a few different recipes, tweaking to include what I like (and had on hand) and cutting out additional fats. Here is what I came up with.

Food - Baked Oatmeal 002

Easy Like a Sunday Morning Baked Oatmeal with Berries (totally deserves the long-ass name)

2 cups quick cooking oats

2 cups skim milk

2 tsp vanilla extract

1/4 cup raisins

2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 cup Sugar Free Maple Syrup

3 tsp Splenda Brown Sugar Blend

1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray an 8x8 pan with non-stick spray. Combine all ingredients above in a bowl and pour into prepared baking pan. Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until desired consistency.

Remove from oven and cut into 6 sections. I topped ours with frozen mixed berries that I put in the microwave for 2 minutes (stirring every 30 seconds) and sprinkled with Splenda. What resulted is a filling, yummy breakfast that looks pretty too! This was quick to throw together and I usually have everything needed on hand.

I hope you are enjoying your Sunday morning!

*Baked Oatmeal Recipe Inspirations can be found:

TJ’s Test Kitchen – The Oatmeal Experiment (I’m really not a stalker, I promise! She just has great recipes!)

AllRecipes.com – Baked Oatmeal I and Baked Oatmeal II

2 comments:

Unknown on January 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM said...

OH!!! Your version looks TASTY! I want that!! :) The berries on top look SO good! :) YUM! Thanks for the shout out! :)

Nikki Bond on January 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM said...

I don't even like oatmeal... But this sounds delicous!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.