Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Goals, not resolutions, but goals.


Last year I made a deal with myself that I would no longer set "resolutions", instead I would make a list of realistic goals and do my best to stick to them. I feel as if "resolutions" set you up for failure. There's just too much hype.

I did OK with my goals of 2009, my goal was 50lbs I lost 44 (gained back some of the 44 though going into January), I ran a 5k, I paid off a few debts....but some of my goals will roll over for 2010.






Tonyne's Goals for 2010


  1. Continue on the path of health and wellness.

  2. Run a 10k and at least two 5ks (first scheduled 1/9).

  3. Pay off at least 2 credit cards using The Debt Snowball Effect.

  4. Read 1 book per month.

  5. Work on improving my marriage. It's not rocky or anything, but we did have a rough patch last year and I want to make sure that things only improve from this point on. I saw the following quote on facebook recently and I think that's what I mean by this goal:
    If all husbands and wives would make it a goal to treat their spouse better than their spouse treats them, how much better would our marriages be?


I think that's a good start. I constantly set goals for myself throughout the year, but these are going to be the main focuses.

I hope you all had happy and safe celebrations! I plan to make the traditional ham, greens (kale for me) and black eyed pea dinner tonight which I will get to enjoy with my Mom who has decided to come down for a weekend visit!

I look forward to the challenges and good things to come in 2010. I wish you all health and happiness in the new year!

What are some of your goals for this year?

2 comments:

J on January 1, 2010 at 12:03 PM said...

Here are mine: http://jlyarnworks.blogspot.com/2010/01/resolve.html Getting healthy is probably top of the list. The last one isn't exactly top secret but involves Dennis deploying again (and me surviving), but his family doesn't know yet, so I haven't added it in.

Congrats on losing 44. I hope my 2010 is as successful as your 2009!

Tracy on January 2, 2010 at 9:42 AM said...

you have done great on your goals! I have to set smaller ones for me - not a year but simply a few months at a time. The first is 22 pounds lost in 3 months. Also, to basically get myself organized within those three months as well. Life needs to slow down and perhaps if I put my mind to meeting these goals, it will help me do it.

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.