Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Please help.

I was going to try and stretch out a blog entry today, I had a good non-running workout last night. I rode the exercise bike while reading and the time flew by. I love the Adam Lambert CD - For Your Entertainment and I'm convinced that several songs on there can power me to new heights, or at least make me dance like a crazy fool while I'm walking the dog. However, there is just something more important going on today.

My heart goes out to the nation of Haiti. If you can afford an extra $10 added to your cell phone bill this month, please text “HAITI” to 90999 to donate $10 to American Red Cross relief for Haiti.
I did it, it's easy. I know everyone is strapped for cash, but think about these poor people. It's just $10, and you don't have to pay it until next month.


Red Cross Disaster Relief Information


This really puts things into perspective. Things can always be worse. There are stresses in our lives, but at least we have roofs over our heads, food, clean water, etc. During disasters I always try and think what it would be like to be in their shoes. It breaks my heart.

Please donate to the American Red Cross and if you you can't donate...pray.

Thanks for bearing with me today...I just feel that this is more important today than me.

3 comments:

Corletta on January 13, 2010 at 3:59 PM said...

I think that this says a lot about your character. Thanks for sharing!

Tracy on January 13, 2010 at 7:57 PM said...

It sure makes you think, suddenly my major stresses aren't so much as a tiny bother now.

Unknown on January 13, 2010 at 8:22 PM said...

So so sad. The news tonight was very hard to watch. Thanks for the link.

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.