Thursday, January 28, 2010

Have 30 Day Shred, will travel.

I woke up this morning, fought the sleep monster with my crazy awesome ninja skills and went for a run...on the treadmill because it was cold. I came home, hooked up the Ipod, and damn if the stupid Itunes didn't eat my run. It took my run and then refused to pass it onto the Nike+ website, so I can't get you a pretty picture. I can only give you what Itunes can, a boring screen shot.



This run didn't feel as good as the last one, I felt winded and like I was struggling a little, but I didn't sleep well last night so I'm pretty sure that's why. I made it to work this morning without any speeding citations, but again was running late. I really need to get back into the groove of this morning work out routine.

I have solved the bad weather travel dilemma by deciding to take tomorrow as a vacation day and leaving for Greensboro tonight! Here is the latest forecast!



I will get in before the weather, be able to enjoy a little snow and should be able to get back on Sunday without any problems! As an added bonus, I will get more time with my family! I know this may not seem like much to those of you who get snow a lot, but for us down here in the South, this is a major event. Plus the high possibility of ice accumulation is a scary reality.

I have my 30 Day Shred DVD packed up for Friday morning and I packed all my cold weather running gear from the OIB Run for Food for my 2 mile run on Sunday before we head back. Hopefully there's not too much ice on the sidewalks. My Mom's birthday is Tuesday, my sister is in town and I'm expecting a weekend full of fun. My friend Kelly is coming with me too! I'm going to try and track my food and make healthy choices but I'm not going to be too hard on myself. It's all about balance and I tend to have a harder time of that around my family. Thankfully they do live 3.5 hours away. (Just kidding...sort of.)

I may try to get a blog entry in over the next couple days, but if I don't I hope you all have fantastic weekends! Is anyone doing exciting?

5 comments:

Unknown on January 28, 2010 at 11:29 AM said...

Good job on the run! :) Buurrrrrrr That is WAY too cold for this CA girl! lol

Tracy on January 28, 2010 at 6:26 PM said...

Morgan is doing the 30 day shred, she is so sore, lol

Corletta on January 30, 2010 at 9:56 AM said...

I love the way that you have already planned to workout while gone. Good for you!

erica on January 30, 2010 at 12:38 PM said...

Hello! Just found your blog and love it! Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Tricia on January 30, 2010 at 9:55 PM said...

Great job on the run!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.