Monday, January 25, 2010

I don't know if I'd call it a proud moment but...

Monday morning is back again, it's such a tricky little thing. It seems like it comes out to play so much faster than Friday afternoon. I don't know how it does that.

I had a great weekend though. Friday night I was low key, just stayed home and watched TV. Saturday the husband and I did some shopping. We also stopped at our friends new Sweepstakes place (it opened that day) to do a little gambling on computer slots. I won $76! I was the first winner!

After a trip to the grocery store we headed home for dinner. We got a call from our friend Chris who we had not hung out with in a while and he wanted us to come out and play. So, the husband and I headed out for "a few beers" those few beers turned into lots of beers, more friends showed up, many shots were consumed, dancing done, GREAT times had by all but it lead to...



One of my top 10 worst hangovers of all time. Basically, I spent several hours in the bathroom. That's all I'll say about that. It was a rough day, but my 3pm I finally started to feel human again.

I am proud of myself not for consuming large quantities of alcohol, that wasn't in my better judgement, but I am proud of myself because I tracked nearly all of it. I tracked my alcohol intake until I couldn't do it anymore (I'm guessing I stopped just shortly after midnight) and then I tracked my entire hangover day. Now, I had a fantastic time with my friends and luckily, these days, nights like that are few and far between for me. I am just proud of myself for keeping up with my points in a situation that normally would have sent me to in a no man's land of calorie consumption for a day and a half.

So, that's my weekend success (kinda) story...what's yours?

Be sure to check back later tonight for Meatless Monday! It's Black Bean Cakes with Avocado Butter. I think you guys are really going to like this one!

I started my morning with a Banana Mango Smoothie and a little 30 Day Shred! Let's make this a great week, together!

2 comments:

Tracy on January 25, 2010 at 12:12 PM said...

my success is that, even though I didn't do a bit of my workout this weekend, I still avoided (despite HUGE carb cravings) any sweets and junk that I wanted so bad. A few potato chips and dip, and I mean a very few with our football dinner, and that was it. It was an accomplishment to me. Candy, cakes and cookies are my downfall, I simply can't eat just one.

Tricia on January 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM said...

Great job tracking!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.