Saturday, January 2, 2010

With a little help from my friends...

Welcome to 2010 everyone! I hope it's going well for you so far! For me? It couldn't be better!

Jeff and I had our friends Jeff (yep, there's 2 of them) and Kelly over for New Year's eve. They arrived with their overnight stuff because we didn't want anyone drinking and driving.



We had some good food choices to go with all the booze. I made the WeightWatcher's Festive Feta Spread which I served with some homemade crostini. It was really delicious, but I do recommend making it the night before because the longer it sits to blend, the better it tastes!

Then, the drinking began!



My sister had gotten me these beer bands for Christmas 2008, we used them to mark our levels of intoxication.

I was quite proud of my last minute decorations, I think I put together a cute presentation. Even though it was just going to be the 4 of us, I wanted it to be a fun night!



We talked about the past year, the past decade and shared stories, achievements and failures. We laughed, we drank and drank some more. At midnight we used Skype to call our dear friend (and Kelly's sister) Katie who recently moved to Orlando. It was nice to be able to celebrate the turning of the new year with her, we miss her so much!



Even Chaser got a little carried away in the moment!



I rang in 2010, somewhat healthy (if you exclude the booze), safely (I didn't even leave my house) and with some amazing friends. It made me feel good to be with people (even by way of videoconferencing) that mean so much to me.

On New Year's Day my Mom came down to visit and she'll be spending the rest of the weekend with us. We had our Christmas with her last night and my family continues to surprise me with their generosity and love for me and also for The Hubs. I am truly humbled and I consider myself a very lucky girl to have such amazing family and friends in my life.

So, on this, the 2nd day of 2010 I am feeling very grateful for all I have been given in my life. This is the breath of life. This is what it's all about. I think we lose sight of that from time to time when we get caught up in the day to day.

As the song goes "I get by with a little help from my friends..."


3 comments:

Tracy on January 2, 2010 at 10:29 AM said...

sounds like a perfect way to ring in the new year!

Unknown on January 2, 2010 at 2:27 PM said...

That's so awesome, sweetie! I'm so glad you have your friends and family around to help you bring in the new year Ballou-style! LOL! Hope your year continues to be as great as it began, and ends even better! Love you guys!

Unknown on January 2, 2010 at 11:06 PM said...

looks like a great time! :)

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.