Monday, January 25, 2010

Meatless Monday – Black Bean Cakes with Avocado Butter

 

I’m really getting fond of Meatless Mondays! I love looking for new recipes during the week and coming up with ideas. I even have a file on my Blackberry for ideas if I have them at random moments of recipes I want to try to make.

This recipe is really impressive, but it’s so simple to make! This would be a great recipe to have for a dinner party. Or, even make the black bean cake patties smaller and do an appetizer! I hope you’ll try this one because it’s really great! I found the recipe in Weight Watchers 20 Minute Recipes, Fall 2009. I couldn’t find a link to buy it. You usually find these near the cash registers at grocery stores. My Mom buys them for me because she’s the greatest. :)

Black Bean Cakes with Avocado Butter

Food - Meatless Monday - Black Bean Cakes 005

1 15oz. can of black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed

1/2 cup refrigerated fresh salsa

1/3 cup dry bread crumbs

1/3 cup finely shredded carrots

1/3 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed

1 teaspoon cumin

1/ 2 rip peeled avocado, coarsely mashed

2 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream

1 teaspoon fresh lime juice

1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Divide bean mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 1/2 inch thick patty.

Food - Meatless Monday - Black Bean Cakes 001 Food - Meatless Monday - Black Bean Cakes 002

2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Cook bean cakes 3 minutes on each side until browned.

3. While bean cakes cook, combine avocado and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Serve bean cakes with avocado butter on top.

Food - Meatless Monday - Black Bean Cakes 003 Food - Meatless Monday - Black Bean Cakes 004

Yield: 2 servings, 7 WW Points per serving (serving size is 2 cakes per serving with 1/4 cup avocado butter)

4 comments:

Unknown on January 25, 2010 at 6:55 PM said...

I am making this soon! :) YUM! :) THANKS!

Amanda, another priorfatgirl on January 25, 2010 at 11:27 PM said...

yum yum yum yum yum!!!!! looks soooo good. can't wait to try!

Tracy on January 26, 2010 at 9:17 AM said...

this looks yummy.

Imerson on February 13, 2010 at 5:57 AM said...

This looks pretty good!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.