Friday, January 8, 2010

Ready, set, go!

Tomorrow is the big day! The OIB Run for Food 5k. Here is the latest forecast:



I'm nervous that the morning will stay pretty cold with Friday night's low of 24 degrees, and with the wind on the high rise bridge I expect the wind chill to be COLD. I'm prepared though! I took the advice of many people and bought a compression shirt, warmer pants and I got out my fleece hat, fingerless mittens and ear cover. I think I'm as ready as I'm going to be for the cold weather. I will also be in layers, so I can strip down if need be.



I'm excited and feel more ready for this 5k than I did for the Greensboro Gobbler. My friend Kelly is coming with me to cheer me on and take pictures. She's not normally a morning person, like at all, so I'm extremely grateful that she is coming with me!

In other news, today was my weigh-in day. I am down 6lbs since January 1st! Now, now...I am fully aware that by weighing on 1/1, after a night of heavy drinking and very salty foods means this number is probably very skewed, but I will say that I have have had a good on-point week and it feels great to be back in a healthy routine, tracking, exercising and cooking.

Happy Friday everyone! Anyone have any exciting weekend plans? :)

5 comments:

Unknown on January 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM said...

looks a lil cold, but you look prepared! :) YOU GO GIRL! :)

J on January 8, 2010 at 11:42 AM said...

Haha, I must be super acclimated now because I looked at that and thought, Wow, that's perfect. It's going to be so warm! :) Maybe that's just because it's 18 below out right now here. With up to 30mph wind gusts....so cold they called off school for safety, which means that's cold even for here. I still bet that once you get going, you'll be fine. Incentive not to stop! lol

LOVE your newly updated photo by the way! Way to go! You're my inspiration. :)

Kells on January 8, 2010 at 2:34 PM said...

I am very proud of you my friend and I cannot wait to greet you at the finish line!

Gina on January 8, 2010 at 3:20 PM said...

Good luck, can't wait to hear how your race goes!

Mandie on January 8, 2010 at 3:35 PM said...

You're good to go and will do great!!! Best of luck!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.