This week has been a mixed bag. I want to start off with my high/lows.
- I cooked some good food, had some good work outs.
- I got my husband to walk on the beach with me, at night for the first time ever. He’s been promising me he would since before our very first date! It only lasted for 5 minutes, but it happened!Terrible picture of the moment:
- I managed to spend some time on the blog and made some time to catch up on blog reading.
- I enjoyed a great day on the beach Sunday, even though I was on-call for work.
- I have maintained my weight for 3 weeks. It’s not a loss, but at least it’s not a gain.
- I have allowed work to stress me out tremendously and I’ve been bringing it home with me.
- Also, because of my job, I am missing my sister’s birthday celebration at the lake (about 5 hours away) with all of my family and some of my friends. This has me VERY down in the dumps.
- I still am having a hard time keeping my stress eating in check. I’ve not been tracking my food very well at all.
- I am absolutely exhausted 99% of the time.
All in all, an OK week. This weekend will be tough knowing my family is having a blast and I can’t be there, and the husband will be working, but I am planning a special date night for myself after work on Saturday. I am going to watch a movie, maybe make a pizza and give myself a pedicure. It’s all about the little things after all.
Fish Tacos – Tilapia Filet pan seared with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Break apart into pieces. 1 filet=2 tacos=1 serving. Easy. I top mine with a little fat free yogurt mixed with a little chili powder and lettuce.
Peach & Mango Rice (this is really complicated, are you ready?)
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
3 Tbsp Store bought Peach & Mango Salsa
1/4 cup frozen sweet corn, cooked
Mix all together and serve.
An easy, healthy meal is always just minutes away and it doesn’t have to be boring! This meal is full of flavor and spice, used little ingredients and took literally 10 minutes to throw together. This makes 1 serving, it’s easily doubled or tripled.
That’s all I have for today. I hope all had great weeks and have fun weekend plans! I have a 5 mile run scheduled for Sunday, I changed up training schedule a bit to allow for more time with the husband on our day off Thursday…but more on that Monday. :)
What's your high and low for the week?