Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ratatouille and Our Amazingness

 

Last night for dinner I made another recipe from Better Homes and Garden’s Slow Cooker Favorites Made Healthy. It was super easy, and pretty tasty.

Ratatouille 001 Ratatouille 004

I didn’t use the bread they suggested, instead I used just light wheat bread and it it into triangles. It’s 5 ww points per serving. For me, it was a perfect lunch portion today, but last night for dinner I was left a little hungry. I wish I would have beefed it up with a little pasta or rice.

So far this week, I feel great. I’ve been eating well. I’ve exercised. Work has been exhausting, but I am officially over the summer hump (as we call it) and have less than 50 days until Labor Day and my life turns back into something, somewhat, resembling normal.

I’ve had a few questions in comments lately about how my knees are holding up during training. They are doing pretty well. I just have to be sure to stretch them out and ice them at the beginning of any soreness. They are holding up better than I thought they would! Especially the one that was hurt awhile back.

There is so much stuff going on in the blog world these days:

Ryan of No More Bacon is celebrating his 1 year “healthiversary”!

Caitlin of Healthy Tipping Point and Operation Beautiful got some very exciting news!

Seth of Fit with a Purpose is hosting another challenge!

Lindsay at Healthy Stride completed her first cycling event!

I know I’ve said it before, but I am so happy to be a part of the blogging community. I get really excited for all of you when you achieve something amazing. It motivates me to get out there and do more!

We are all amazing.

For the first time in my life, I feel comfortable saying “We” instead of “You”. We are all amazing. We are proof that healthy living is achievable and fun. We didn’t go to a fancy ranch, we aren’t popping pills or crash dieting. We are just doing it.

Good for us! Let’s give us all a round of applause! Own your amazingness. I am finally owning mine and it feels pretty good.

Leave me a comment and tell me something AMAZING that you have done. It could be something as simple as cooking a healthy dinner to running a marathon. I know you have all done something…let’s hear about it. Let’s celebrate our amazingness together! :)

I’ll start: I ran a 10k when even at the starting line I was doubting my ability to finish. I ran it, had a great time running it and was very proud of myself at the end.

Lighthouse 10k 022

7 comments:

Middle Name Marie on July 20, 2010 at 5:59 PM said...

Good job on the cooking! I am jealous. Last night, I tried to make steak tacos; my husband ate them, but I am pretty sure it was out of pity.

Tracy on July 20, 2010 at 8:38 PM said...

You have done so many amazing things in the last year!

I have plans for an amazing thing, I am finally in shape enough to attempt to complete the Fire Department's Citizens Academy. You have to do a maze and staircase, in the dark, wearing 50lbs of equipment. I will put in my application the middle of August.

The amazing thing I have ALREADY done - lost 44lbs in 7 months WITH a diagnosed underactive thyroid. I am proud of that.

Tish on July 20, 2010 at 9:43 PM said...

I'm 59 and finally I'm learning how to eat, exercise and live healthy. I've already run 48 miles this month and will probably run over 65 by month's end. That's sort of amazing, isn't it?

Unknown on July 21, 2010 at 12:54 PM said...

I've lost all of the weight I put on when I tore my knee up :)

Samantha~ on July 21, 2010 at 1:28 PM said...

I committed to running a half marathon as my very first road race!

Robyn @ WannabeWriterRunner on July 21, 2010 at 2:36 PM said...

I took my first swimming class in my adult life!

Autumn @Good Eats Girl on July 21, 2010 at 8:22 PM said...

Way to go with dinner!! So glad that your knees are hanging in there!!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.