Monday, July 12, 2010

I don’t like excuses

 

I don’t like excuses, but I seem to be full of them these days.

I’m working my ass off at work, so I’m too tired to work out after work.

I’ve had a rough week, I deserve to indulge in too much (insert sinful delight here).

I have nothing good to blog about, so why bother.

I’m EXHAUSTED. Mentally, physically and emotionally.

Those are just some of my excuses that I’ve been using lately to be unaccountable. Unaccountable for taking care of myself. I just don’t think that’s acceptable anymore. I knew this summer was going to be rough for me. I thought I had planned accordingly. I guess I was wrong.

I need to get it together. I am going to focus on the little things.

This weekend was amazing. A friend of mine from Greensboro decided to come down. I was excited to see her, but then, my sister decided to come down too and surprise me. I had no clue she was going to be here! We had a wonderful time and I am yet again thinking how lucky I am to have such amazing people in my life.

Mason Lovette Weekend 010

Today, didn’t quite go as planned. I meant to wake up early this morning and run…I didn’t. I meant to work out after work but was late leaving the office, then got stuck at an open swing bridge and got home much later than expected. BUT, I still managed to eat a healthy lunch and dinner.

Lunch was a wrap with Asparagus, Sprouts, Granny Smith Apple, Laughing Cow Cheese, Dijon Mustard and Lettuce.

wrap

For dinner, I used my crockpot to make some Sesame Ginger Chicken (7 oz. chicken breast, Lawry’s Sesame Ginger marinade, a little water, onion, Sriracha sauce and soy sauce cooked on low for 6 hours) which I shredded and ate in lettuce wraps with some healthy fried brown rice, using leftover rice from Sunday. Asian Wraps 002

 

I managed to write and post a blog entry today…ok, well, I haven’t posted it YET, but you get the point.

And finally, tonight instead of being home alone wishing I had more time to spend with my husband, I am actually going to just unplug and do exactly that since we are actually both home at the same time…at least until he goes to work shortly.

I have a good life. I have a roof over my head. I know the right choices to make. I do what I can. Sometimes it’s the little things that make the big picture seem not so big.

You just don’t need excuses if you know you are doing your best. It’s time I start doing mine.

5 comments:

Unknown on July 12, 2010 at 6:32 PM said...

I say cut yourself a lil slack once in a while. You are a busy lil bee over there! lol Lunch & dinner sounded GOOD! High 5 on meal planning for smart choices!

Tracy on July 13, 2010 at 10:19 AM said...

I have been trying to take time to and make those adjustments myself! I have been horrible about everything lately. Time to get it together! (saying that to myself).

And the wrap looked amazing!

Seth on July 13, 2010 at 1:49 PM said...

I like where your mind is at! Do your best and stick to that mindset!

Heather on July 13, 2010 at 7:53 PM said...

Everyone has to have a break from time to time. That wrap looked pretty good. I need to try that.

(Nice to meet you!)

Middle Name Marie on July 14, 2010 at 4:06 PM said...

I hate when I feel too busy! With how far you have come, it is important to stay on track. Here is one of my favorite quotes:

My feeling is that any day I am too busy to run is a day that I am too busy.
--John Bryant

Maybe it will be a little inspiration. Hang in there!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.