Thursday, January 21, 2010

Catch ups!

I figured this morning I would do a series of "Catch Ups" I feel like I've been behind since I've been sick but I'm turning a leaf and I'm ready to start going forward again, even if it is slowly.

Oak Island 10k Training

This morning was my first (albeit a few days behind) training run for the 10k. I was supposed to run for 20-25 minutes according to my Galloway Training Schedule. I ran for exactly 20 minutes because I didn't want to push it and end up sick again. I ran outside on the road and it was approximately 44 degrees. A little colder than I expected, but I really wanted to be outside.



It felt great. I couldn't believe it. I ran the whole time, kept a steady pace and stayed pain-free. Until I stopped. As soon as I stopped it felt as if an elephant had stood on my chest and proceeded to do the polka. It took a long time for that feeling to pass, probably a good 10 minutes or so. However, since it passed, I feel great!

Operation Freezer

I have been doing great with my quest to clean out the freezer! I haven't bought anything that needs to go in the freezer (with the exception of some ripe bananas for smoothies) and I've been eating the main part of my meals out of the freezer for both dinner and lunch. I think I can make it at least 1-2 more weeks without buying any meats!

This morning I decided to try to have breakfast out of the freezer too. I had lots of frozen fruit in my freezer and I recently watched an episode of Good Eats in which Alton Brown shared his weight loss story. He drinks a fruit smoothie every morning for breakfast. He assembles everything the night before in the blender carafe and places it in the fridge so all he has to do is add ice and blend in the morning. I followed his advice on this, but used a different recipe. This morning I had a tasty Banana, Peach and Vanilla Soy Milk Smoothie in no time. Although I'm sure the husband (who is off of work today) didn't appreciate hearing the blender at 7:55am.



I liked it because I could drink it in the car, which was good this morning because I was running a wee bit late! I just hope it keeps me as full as my Chobani Greek Yogurt and Granola usually does. Recipe I used: 1 frozen banana, 1/2 cup of frozen peach slices (both of which defrosted slightly in the fridge over night) and 1 cup of fat free Vanilla Soy Milk.

Meatless Monday

Yes, I know I missed Meatless Monday, but I already have a recipe planned out for Monday. How does Black Bean Cakes with Avocado Butter sound? It's from the Weight Watchers cookbook my Mom got me many moons ago that I haven't used yet.

Ok, this has been a long entry of "Catch Ups". If you made it through, I'm proud of you! :) I am so happy to be feeling better, I know I'm not 100% yet and I don't plan on pushing it too much, but hopefully I'll start to be around a bit more.

Let's keep the pendulum swinging in a positive direction!

2 comments:

Amanda, another priorfatgirl on January 21, 2010 at 10:46 AM said...

good eats is my favorite! i also watched that same episode, and i REALLY think i should start using that magic bullet i got in november. oops. i'm a little slow at using new things :)

black bean cakes with avocado butter sounds insanely awesome. love black beans. love love LOVE avocado. please share the recipe and some pics after you make it!

Syl on January 21, 2010 at 2:44 PM said...

a smoothie in the morning makes so much scense because your getting your fruits in right from the get go. Something that I should try!
glad you are feeling better.

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.