Friday, January 22, 2010

Weigh-in Day and 30DS

Jillian Michaels is a cruel, cruel woman...but I like it.



This morning I did Level of 30 Day Shred for the first time. For months I've been hearing people write about 30 Day Shred and how much they like it and how it produces good results. My husband, being awesome occasionally, got the DVD for me the other day. I need something to do on my Cross Training/non-running days while working on my training for my 10k.

This morning I had to wake up early for my weigh-in and I figured what's 20 more minutes? I'm 166.9lbs this week, down 1.8lbs! I figured I would be up with being sick, I wasn't really well behaved over the weekend or through Wednesday.

Moving on! So I put in the 30DS DVD with no real expectations and got a serious, all over body work out. I was sweating and breathing heavy right there in my living room! I look forward to continued work outs. I won't be doing them 30 days back to back, but I am going to try and do it at least twice a week as my cross training.

I am feeling a little better every day and I am grateful for that. I am still exhausted and sleeping really heavy at night, so I know I'm not 100% yet but I know that slowly adding exercise back to my routine will help.

I am determined to make today a good day, want to know why? Because this morning, on the radio while driving to work I heard this:

"If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain...."



and that song just makes me happy. TGIF everyone! :)

5 comments:

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie on January 22, 2010 at 9:40 AM said...

Welcome to the world of Shredding! I totally understand "Jillian Michaels is a cruel, cruel woman, but I like it".

VERY nice that your husband bought you the DVD! How thoughtful is that? :) He's a good listener, obviously.

Syl on January 22, 2010 at 10:02 AM said...

glad you are enjoying the shred, I love the feeling of accomplishment after finishing it and it made me so much stronger.

Nikki Bond on January 22, 2010 at 10:21 AM said...

The 30 day shred is a killer, no matter how "in shape" you think you are (that's what got me). Thanks for the song, I love it!

Unknown on January 22, 2010 at 10:59 AM said...

WHoohooo! Congrats on a great loss!!! :)

Mandie on January 22, 2010 at 3:36 PM said...

Yep...I agree...the Shred is KILLER! But I love it! I wimped out and couldn't do it 30 days back to back... argh! And honestly, I've not moved up to Level 3...I'm SCARED! :)

Congrat's on the loss! That's FABULOUS girl!!!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.