Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I wonder if my lead foot adds to my weight.

This morning has been filled with things not going quite right. I was supposed to do Yoga in my living room this morning, I woke up at 6:30am to find that the husband had fallen asleep on the couch. I didn't want to wake him up that early, he worked last night, so I had to put Yoga off until after work. I went back to sleep, only to sleep a little too long and then had to rush getting to work.

While rushing, I was going about 11mph over the speed limit...when I got pulled over. God only knows how fast I was going before he clocked me. 10 minutes later the nice cop let me off with a city citation and a $50 fine, nothing on my license. I get to the office and find out another employee got pulled over by the same cop this morning and also got a citation. He must have been on a mission.

I am supposed to be going out of town this weekend to visit my family and the weather isn't looking very good. Wintry mix and snow predicted, so I can't make a set decision on that yet, therefore throwing off my usually very scheduled life.

I have a something happy and something sad to share, which do you want first?

Ok, sad first wins.

Sad:
I tried the Chocolate Okios Yogurt, I was so excited! I thought it was going to be this wonderful new find. I was so disappointed. I think it's awful. Now, this is just my taste buds talking, but I had 1/4 of the container and that will be all I eat of that. So sad.

Happy:
Since I'm still in the process of losing weight, I kind of refuse to spend money on clothes. The majority of my pants have been hand me downs from friends and occasionally I will hit the thrift stores and Goodwill for items. Last night I hit a new Goodwill store nearby and I made out like a thief, I got 5 sweaters (nice ones, name brands including Tommy Hilfiger) and a pair of Levis for $23. I'm telling you, if you don't utilize your local Goodwill Store you really should! They have great stuff! And the money you spend will be used for good! From their website:
When you shop at Goodwill, you are supporting job training and placement programs for people with disabilities and other disadvantages.

So, get great deals on gently used and new items while supporting a great organization. And if you're like me and still losing weight, you're not spending a lot of money on clothes that may or may not fit next season or even in a few months!

That's it for today folks, we're halfway there. How's your week going so far? Hopefully speeding ticket (or citation) free!

5 comments:

Unknown on January 27, 2010 at 11:41 AM said...

Sorry you didn't like the choco yogurt- I never tried that flavor but I have a love affair with Fage 0% with a drizzle of honey that I can not seem to give up. lol :)

I have a friend who tells me that shopping at the local goodwill is how she made it through all of the sizes that she lost while losing weight. I have a hard time shopping at Ross/Marshalls or TJ MAX- I am not a digger. lol I have to see it on the rack and fip through to get my size without the hassle or I get frustrated. lol I really should give it a try someday- thanks for the reminder! :)

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie on January 27, 2010 at 12:55 PM said...

I LOVE the Goodwill stores when losing weight. There were a couple I went to in Florida (looking for cheap bikes for my kids to ride while we were on vacation) and I found some that sold stuff from Target. Completely new and unused, and really cheap.

But you have to watch it. It sounds like you lucked out, but there are some that are just icky from the inside out. The ones you want to leave right after you go in!

Tracy on January 27, 2010 at 1:18 PM said...

I love Goodwill, I got Drake the most awesome hobby horse there the other day for $10. It would have been $70 or more retail.

Arlene on January 27, 2010 at 4:59 PM said...

I've shopped at Goodwill for deals while losing weight. It's a great place for that.

I didn't know there was chocolate Greek yogurt. I might still give it a try, because I'm a chocolate fiend.

Nikki Bond on January 27, 2010 at 5:28 PM said...

I totally know how you feel about when you have high expectations of a new food and then its just...bad. I hate that! I always feel like im wasting money that way! :(

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.