Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Year in Review - 2009

As 2009 winds down to a close, I thought it would be nifty to write my year in review. This is the year that my new way of life began, it's was the last year of my 20s (eek! I will be 30 in 3 months) and I survived my first year of marriage. It's been a BIG year for me in many different ways.

Photobucket


January 2009 - 209.6lbs to 195.2lbs

I made the decision to change my life. Me and 3 other women that I work with decided to diet together (my diet of choice is weight watchers), have weigh-ins every Friday and to bring a healthy snack on weigh in day. I didn't know at the time that this was going to be a complete lifestyle change.



February 2009 - 196bs - 191.6lbs

I had started going to the gym quasi-regularly. I wasn't running yet, but I was friends with the elliptical. I had lost 18lbs total by the end of this month. I was under a lot of stress at this point, my husband has an esophagus problem and it had started to act up badly at this point. I felt as if the gym was an outlet for frustration. It was the first time I had looked to working out as source of something other than a pain in the ass.

March 2009 - 189.2lbs - 188lbs

The stress continued, my husband had surgery and he had some complications. I managed to run on the treadmill for 5 minutes without stopping and it felt as amazing as if I'd just climbed Mt. Everest! I turned 29 years old and had an awesome 80s themed birthday party. I dressed up like Madonna.



April 2009 - 185.6lbs - 180.6lbs

I started to get in the groove of working out. I enjoyed it, could run a little farther and push a little more. You could really tell I was losing weight. This is when I started to get the runners itch.



May 2009 - 178.4lbs - 174lbs

I feel good and look good. I love running and working out...I'm not stopping! I got my Nike+ and it changes me. I have changed. I can do this! Everyone at work slowly tapered off their weigh ins this month, or at least documenting them, therefore: The Unlikely Success Story is launched!



June 2009 - 175.2lbs - 166.8lbs

Everything is going along just fine...then my world crashes in around me. The husband and I are in a terrible place in our marriage and begin talking about the big D. For a week I hardly eat, I have no energy to work out, I'm sick. I lost down to my lowest adult weight. The husband and I talk, and talk, and talk...we vow to do whatever it takes to save our marriage. A month that began with turmoil ends with a new beginning. My progression picture was taken the day after we decided to make things work. You can tell I'd had a rough week. Looking back, I think that week saved our marriage.



July 2009 - 168lbs - 168lbs

My job gets 10x more demanding during the summer, time wise and mentally. After the past month, my running has suffered. I manage to fluctuate in weight a bit, but really make no progress. The month goes by in a blur of work. My husband and I spend a lot of time together and work on remembering why we were together in the first place.

August 2009 - 168lbs - 165.2lbs

See July, just add some weight loss. I had picked up on running again and was enjoying working out. I began to look at the time spent running or at the gym as my "get away". The one thing that I could do for myself no matter how busy things got.



September 2009 - 165.2lbs - 162.6lbs

I realize that blogging is going to be what makes this time different. I start blogging more, I start running more. I signed up for my first 5k in November. The husband and I celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. We made it, by the skin of our teeth, but we made it. Things are looking up for us.

October 2009 - Spotty Weight Records around 165lbs I'm guessing

I run a lot, the husband turns 36. I do ok with eating, bad with monitoring my weight, and my drinking is out of control. I'm losing stamina on the whole thing. I try a lot of new recipes and rediscover a love of cooking. I don't really lose, but I maintain alright.



November 2009 - Spotty Weight Records around 165lbs-168lbs I'm guessing

I train for and run The Greensboro Gobbler. I have a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family, modifying many recipes to make them healthier. I indulge moderately and guiltlessly, for the first time.





December 2009 - Weight as of 12/26 172.8

I overindulged too much this month, I have been running and training for the OIB Run for Food. Of course, all that running isn't going to help me when I'm shoving all of the food in the world into my mouth. Granted, I'm only up 8.8lbs (thanks in large part to the running, I'm sure) and I haven't really been tracking my weight since October, but this is too much for comfort and it's time for me to regain control. I got some great tools for Christmas to help me with my journey, now it's time to put all my good advice and tools to work for me!



My end weight of 2009 wasn't as low as I would like it to be, but like I've said before, I'm not going to be too hard on myself. I'm very healthy and comfortable with where I have gotten. My goals (which I will share on January 1st) don't focus merely on loss of weight anymore. I rocked 2009 and I plan to rock 2010. Here's to another year of healthy living! Best Wishes for 2010 to all! :)

1 comments:

Tracy on December 31, 2009 at 11:17 PM said...

Again, I will say, you have really inspired me. So your journey, while done for you, has done for others too! Way to go!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.