Monday, September 14, 2009

Gobble, Gobble

I registered for my first 5k race yesterday! It's the Greensboro Gobbler and it's on Thanksgiving morning, starting at 9am. I figured this was perfect since I will be at home with my family for the holiday. I am nervous about it, but I have plenty of time to prepare. I know I won't place, I'm not very fast. My goal is to finish, with a respectable time and run as much as possible. If I do that, I will be happy! It will be great to cross the finish line and know that my family will be there cheering me on!

I had a good weekend and stayed on track, even with this being the first Football Sunday of the season. It's amazing to me though how much my alcohol tolerance has changed with my weight loss. I used to sit and drink beer and watch football with the guys all day. I had 4 beers yesterday and by the end of the 3rd beer I was feeling the effects. That is a good thing though, I definitely won't be drinking as much anymore.

I started Week 3 of the Push Ups, Situps, Squats challenge and I'm quite certain this week is going to kick my butt. I did my exhaustion test and I found that I improved my numbers in everything except Situps. I'm proud of myself and can definitely tell that I am gaining strength in my arms.

Weigh-in on Friday, I was 166lbs, up by .6lb. Not disastrous, but a trend I need to break nonetheless. My goals for this week are small. I want to be 164lbs by Friday and I want to run at least 3 times. 3 Times may not seem like much, but with my legs problems of late, if I can run 3 times, I'll be happy.

Until next time... :)

2 comments:

D 'n D Diva on September 14, 2009 at 1:29 PM said...

Good for you for signing up for a 5k! I have done a couple myself- they are addictive, once you start. And training for them really melts away the fat!

Tracy on September 14, 2009 at 7:54 PM said...

I am still so proud of all you have done!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.