Thursday, September 3, 2009

Once upon a Pumpkin

Let me start with my challenge update! Today was Week 1, Day 3. I have completed the first week of the Push Ups, Sit Ups, Squats challenge!


Here are my stats for today!

Push Ups
set 1 11
set 2 15
set 3 9
set 4 9
set 5  19 (at least 13) 

Sit Ups

set 1 17
set 2 22
set 3 14
set 4 14
set 5 30 (at least 20) 

Squats

set 1 15
set 2 20
set 3 13
set 4 13
set 5 30 (at least 18) 


I finished the work out off with a 2.11 mile run/walk...again, more walking than running because of my stupid calf muscle. 

I have a confession to make, I started this challenge doing traditional push ups, today I had to switch to alternative "girly" push ups. I had a lot of pain in a lot of places and really wanted to complete my work out today but I knew I could not do traditional push ups today. However, I see a big increase in my set 5 numbers which I have to attribute to my hard work! I'm enjoying this challenge so far and I am expecting next week to kick my butt! Week 2 starts on Sunday!

In other news, Coastal NC has been unseasonably cool this week and it has been PHENOMENAL! I absolutely love cooler fall type weather and I think I need to consider moving to a place where the temps range from about 65-75 degrees year round. I know that the temperatures here will sky rocket back up starting tomorrow per Mr. Weather Man and stay in the high 80s through October but my point with this is, it was the perfect week for Starbucks to bring back their Pumpkin Spice Latte! This is my favorite coffee of all time. I love all things pumpkin. When I heard it was back, I was ecstatic and then, terrified. I wasn't sure I could order a "Tall, Nonfat, No Whipped Cream Pumpkin Spice Latte" when I was used to the traditional, Venti or Quad full fat, whipped creamed topped version.

Well, today, I walked into Starbucks, tall and proud after my work out and I ordered the reduced calorie version of my favorite (while quietly clapping my hands with a HUGE grin on my face which made the barista laugh) and I sat outside and slowly drank my Latte. I didn't even notice a difference in taste. I was just so happy that I could walk into Starbucks and not give into the temptations of the whip cream, pumpkin loaves, rice krispie treats that I was so used to indulging in without giving it a second thought. Yes, a trip to Starbucks, for me, takes that much effort.

So, today has been a great day so far. I have proven myself, to myself, in more ways than one! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.