Monday, December 28, 2009

Disappointment Induced Insomnia

Saturday I got on my Wii Fit to try out my new Wii Fit Plus game that I got for Christmas. I got the new game all set up, making sure to set Chase up a Mii character since there is now a section that monitors your pet's weight as well. After all that was done I decided to check my weight.

Let me preface here by saying that I haven't been on a scale since mid-November. I knew what I was doing, I knew my pants were getting tighter. I knew I wasn't being as good as I should have been.

Ok, so the Wii Fit Plus game carries over all of your stats from the original Wii Fit (pretty nifty, it eliminates your need for the original disc) and much to my surprise (really Tonyne? REALLY? You're shocked? You ate the world for 6 weeks for the love of Matthew McConaughey's bongos!) it tells me that while still in the "Overweight" category (barely) that I am +8.8lbs since the last time I weighed in.

That's right folks...read it clear +8.8lbs.

Now, you would think the shock of such a discovery would send me right back into the world of healthy living as soon as possible, correct? Especially with the way I preach the "indulge, not too much and the next meal is always a chance to reign back in control". Yeah, I should have followed my own advice. Instead I continued to eat on Sunday and even to a lesser degree today.


So here I am, up at midnight when I should be sound asleep in my bed, stressing over a weight gain. I know what needs to be done to get it off, now it's time to put my good talk to good use.

I am making this promise to you now: on Tuesday, er, later today, I will track my food. Regardless if I go over points, I will track. I will run my 4 mile training run and I will reign this puppy in.

*deep breath* Ok Self: The holidays are essentially over, New Year's eve is at your home, you are in control of food, waiting until the 1st is not an option, indulging in a treat or two once or twice a week is ok, indulging in one or two treats once or twice a day is not. Now, you have a plan, you know what to do...stop obsessing and GO TO BED! *deep breath*

"why wait for tomorrow, with what you could do today?"

7 comments:

Diana on December 29, 2009 at 3:57 AM said...

I feel your pain. I'm just as obsessive but it can actually work in our favor. Better to gain control now than wait until later and gain even more weight.

I'm going through exactly the same thing. It's hard, but it's necessary to get right back at it. You will and I will too. :)

Anonymous said...

There is a plan & there is strength in numbers!

Celeste said...

Take some long brisk walks- not for exercise, but for comfort, helps to get your head in a different more reverent place- remember your body wants to add hibernating energy by storing fats just now. Don't panic, change the melody a bit.

Mandie on December 29, 2009 at 10:22 AM said...

Uh...yeah, what you said! VERY similar story here. I think you're on the right path though...today is a NEW day, and we're ready!

Syl on December 29, 2009 at 10:22 AM said...

Take the anger you have towards those 8 pounds and turn it around, you know you want to :-)

In all seriousness the holidays are a struggle for everyone, your eight and my three will be off in no time I just know it!

Tricia on December 29, 2009 at 10:45 AM said...

Today IS the day, you can do it!

Tracy on December 29, 2009 at 7:40 PM said...

while I am just starting on this journey, I have to say that I am trying not to freak out of the fact that today, not only did I not lose pounds, I gained a bit back. I am at the point of obsessing over single bite I take, and my Wii tells me I am far more than just overweight. ugh.

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.