Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What a difference a year makes.

My "Before" picture was taken 1 year ago on Christmas day. Since I know I will be busy on Christmas Eve and on Christmas day the only thing I plan to do is stay relatively "unplugged" and enjoy the day with my husband, I decided to take my "1 year later" shot today. So here it is, the difference 1 year of healthy living has made.



44 lbs lost.
A 5k Ran
A healthy lifestyle learned and maintained
An "I can do whatever I set my mind to" attitude that I have never had before
Respect for myself, physically and mentally.

It's been an amazing year. Some of the changes I've made have been easy, others not so much...but the changes I have made I know will be permanent.

I still have some pounds to lose, I wasn't as good around the holidays as I had hoped to be but you know what is different this year? I didn't beat myself up over it. I indulged, most of the time in moderation but not always, and the next meal it was as if it never happened. There was no "Oh well, I went off the wagon..." free for all. I just accepted the fact that this is a busy and difficult time of year, did the best I could and will move along. I know that January will bring back routine, healthy eating and regular schedule will resume.

I am so proud of myself. It brings tears to my eyes to think how far I've come and how much I disliked myself and the way my life was going a year ago. While being overweight was a big part of it, it definitely wasn't all of it. Once you begin fixing things, it makes it easier to continue to do so.

The difference a year can make can end up saving your life. I know it very may well have saved mine.

I want to thank you all for reading my blogs, giving me support and encouragement and continuing to do so. I honestly feel as if blogging has been a huge part of this journey, holding me accountable in a way that makes it easier to say no. Thank you. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas (or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa) and a wonderful 2010!

8 comments:

Unknown on December 23, 2009 at 7:02 PM said...

I love it! Great before and NOW picture! You look amazing! What a difference a year makes! :) Enjoy your Christmas!!! :)

Syl on December 23, 2009 at 7:37 PM said...

You look AMAZING, Congrats on your success so far and Merry christmas

Nikki Bond on December 23, 2009 at 10:07 PM said...

Hi! So happy I found your blog. What an inspiration. Can't wait until next Christmas when I can compare those pictures. You look great :). I am going to continue to follow your blog, I could always use an extra dose of inspiration! Merry Christmas!

Mishy on December 24, 2009 at 11:44 AM said...

you look great, congrats and keep up the good work!

SilvaDolla on January 9, 2010 at 2:44 PM said...

im inspired. i hope this would soon be my story

Dana on February 7, 2010 at 2:25 AM said...

You look absolutely amazing! I can only wish for the results and that my hard work pays off as well. You look like you have grown up so much in the past year!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You look amazing! Congratulations on the healthier lifestyle : )

xo

Jocelyn

Eliza Aeowyn on March 3, 2010 at 8:03 PM said...

I am just getting into the weight loss blogging and I found your blogs and success to be very inspirational, thank you so much for sharing, check out my success sometime!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.