Saturday, December 5, 2009

When you least expect it

Yesterday was my first day back at work after my va/stay-cation. I had a headache, I was exhausted and the last thing I felt like doing when I got home was going to the gym. Yet all day long I kept thinking "I just want to go for a run, a run would make me feel better." I canceled plans with a girlfriend for dinner because I was just miserable. I got home, looked at my couch and almost gave in. At 5:10 I called my friend and put dinner back on the schedule for 7pm. This gave me about an hour to work out, so I headed to the gym.

I ran a quick 2 miles on the treadmill:



and then headed into the weight room where I worked on arms and abs. By the end of the work out that I totally did not want to do I felt AMAZING. My headache was gone, the blahs were gone and I was bopping my head along with the music.

THAT feeling, the one that comes after a really great work out is the greatest high. It always comes when I least expect it. I think I have the best workouts when I make myself go to the gym when I really don't want to. Now, if only that feeling were strong enough to get me out of bed without fail at 6am, all would be right with the world.

Happy Weekend to those who have them! After work today, I may just head to the gym again. :)

2 comments:

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie on December 5, 2009 at 1:51 PM said...

Great job, Mrs. Ballou! It's weird, Isn't it? I've found the same thing sometimes; the days when I don't want to go usually get awesome results. Wonder what it means?

Have a good weekend!

Gina on December 6, 2009 at 1:34 AM said...

Aesome!! I love when I feel like that after pushing myself...it is so worth it! And you got to have fun with your friend later...good for you!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.