Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Super Quick Sweet & Spicy Squash

 

I found myself in a common predicament tonight. My plans changed and I had nothing planned or thawed out for dinner. I had 1/4 of a butternut squash in the fridge leftover from another recipe and I remembered that last week I made some butternut squash in the microwave and it was really good. So I figured this time I would pay attention to what I did and share it with you, so here it is!

Super Quick Sweet & Spicy Butternut Squash

1/4 Butternut Squash cut into small cubes

1/2 tbsp Agave Nectar (you can use a combination of 1 tsp oil and 1/2 tbsp brown sugar as well)

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp red pep  per flakes

Salt and Pepper to taste

Food - Sweet and Spicy Squash 003 Food - Sweet and Spicy Squash 004

Mix all ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl.

Place in microwave for 2 minutes 30 seconds, covered.

Food - Sweet and Spicy Squash 005 

Stir and then microwave for an additional 1 minute. Makes 1 serving.

Food - Sweet and Spicy Squash 008 Food - Sweet and Spicy Squash 009

I served mine on the side of a Boca Burger and it made for a quick, easy dinner! No defrosting required!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.