Monday, December 21, 2009

Vegetarian Monday – Baked Tofu

 

For the first official Meatless Monday dinner I chose the Baked Tofu recipe that TJ posted on her blog, TJ’s Test Kitchen.

I was leery at first, I’ve had tofu before but I don’t remember liking it.

Food - Baked Tofu 004

I followed her directions to press the tofu between layers of paper towels and marinate it in a soy and ginger mix before baking it in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. (Excuse the post-yoga hair and clothes)

Food - Baked Tofu 006 Food - Baked Tofu 008

I paired it with some lightly baked kale that I baked alongside the tofu for about 6 minutes.

Food - Baked Tofu 011

My friend Kelly joined me for dinner and we were both really surprised by how tasty this dish was! I totally forgot I was eating tofu. The marinade made the tofu so flavorful I didn’t miss the meat. The Baked Tofu was a little time consuming, but if I would have thought to press the tofu before I started yoga I could have multi-tasked and saved some time.

Food - Baked Tofu 015

So the verdict is: Baked Tofu=delicious! Go try it! :)

1 comments:

Unknown on December 23, 2009 at 9:20 PM said...

You did a great job! I love the HEAVY stuff you placed on top of the tofu for pressing out the moisture! HAHA! :) I agree it is a little time consuming but I think its worth it! :) Glad you liked it!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.