Monday, December 14, 2009

A quick and easy dinner!

 

I decided to give taking pictures of the stuff I’m cooking a try, so here we go…I’m also writing this on Windows Live Writer, so that’s 2 new things!

I made Spaghetti Squash Cake Parmesan.

It started with the recipe from Roni at GreenLiteBites.com for Spaghetti Squash Cakes

I made the recipe as she described, not going to repeat it for you, but here are some pictures:

I did deviate from her recipe a little, I didn’t have any eggs so I used Egg Substitute and I like crushed red pepper flakes in mine, so I added them. My squash was a little over done, but it still worked out!

Then, I assembled everything in a lasagna type fashion. I used about 3/4 cup sauce, 1/3 cup shredded cheese and about 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese. I did a layer of sauce, then squash cake, sauce, then cheese. I repeated.

I baked it in a 350 degree oven until bubbly, about 15 minutes while Chase and I waited impatiently.

I served it with some broccoli and pasta, which I made because I wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but it turned out fantastic. Tons of flavor and a quick, easy vegetarian dish!

5 comments:

Roni on December 14, 2009 at 9:13 PM said...

That is TOO COOL! So glad you took the idea and ran with it!

Kylie on December 14, 2009 at 9:19 PM said...

Looks delish! Will have to give it a try!

Debi aka The Flying Networker on December 15, 2009 at 10:44 AM said...

That looks really wonderful. You have inspired me to give it a try!

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! We're always looking for new meat-free dishes, so we'll have to try it! What are you using to get your pictures to look like that? I love how that looks!

Dana on December 15, 2009 at 2:23 PM said...

It looks great! Makes me want to go make some squash hah

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.