Wednesday, May 13, 2009

They call(ed) me the chubby one...

Like most people on January 1st, 2009 I made a list of goals I would like to accomplish this year. It went something like this:


  1. Lose 50lbs


  2. Go to the gym more (at least 3x a week)


  3. Quit Smoking


  4. Read some Classics


  5. Save Money

It looks like every list I've made, every year, since puberty. On January 5th, I stepped on the scale and at a short 5'4'' was depressed (although not surprised since my diet consisted of beer and pizza) to see that my weight had climbed to 209.6lbs. With the support of friends at work, I started following the Weight Watchers Points system, which had worked for me in the past, working out and weighing in weekly. I could barely run at 5.0mph for 40 seconds and 20 minutes 2-3 times a week was my work out schedule.


Today, I weigh 178.4lbs, I quit smoking, I go to the gym at least 5 times a week and I'm so busy reading up on healthy recipes and fitness tips that I haven't had time to read any classics. I can run 1.5 miles at 5.4mph without stopping to walk and my goal is to do a 5k this fall. I want to write about how I've made it this far and continue writing about how I'm doing. I still have quite a ways to go. So, here I am.


I want to use this place to share recipes, stories, workout plans, my goals, my hopes, my accomplishments, my weaknesses, my phobias (two piece bathing suits and snakes, in that order) and my set backs.


This is my new life and I'm in it for the long haul.

1 comments:

D 'n D Diva on May 13, 2009 at 3:57 PM said...

I look forward to reading your posts as well- Glad to hear you are planning a 5k- I did my first one in March and I am addicted!!!

Best of luck to you on this journey!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.