Saturday, May 23, 2009

My office is a mind field!

Ok, I work on Saturdays...every Saturday. I live at the beach and I work in weekly vacation home rentals. Saturday is our turn over day (the day guests check out and check in), so it's our busiest day. It's a mad house. Being Memorial Day weekend, this is our first "in season" weekend, so it's the first really busy one. We could be here anywhere from 8-12 hours today.

Well, I share an office with the housekeeping department and do you know what they keep at the ready, at all times?

COOKIES. This place is like a mind field of diet failure!

Like, loads of cookies. Chocolate chip, sugar, oatmeal, peanut butter...you name it, they probably have it over there. I came prepared today. I brought healthy snacks. I even brought healthy cookies! Well, it's 3:44pm, technically I'm supposed to get out of here at 4:45pm, chances are that will be more like 5:30pm, 6:00pm...but that's not the issue. Sometimes I hear the cookies taunting me. No seriously....

Psss, hey, fat girl...we're here...we're amazingly tasty...we have icing and we crunch when you bite into us; unlike those healthy cookies.

Jeez and the stress of the day just makes them seem that much more tempting. I walk past them all day long. Last year I would grab them, by the handfuls.

Hello Honey, we're here, we're cookies, get used to it and eat us!

I had to write this up because I have to remember that they are not worth it!

Yes we are...

Ugh! Shut up cookies! I know I don't want really want them, it's simply because they are there.

It's going to be a long summer.


Do you know that while I was typing this I answered 12 phone calls, called 2 plumbers, directed my Maintenance guy to 3 different houses for issues and talked someone through resetting their garbage disposal? Welcome to summer for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.