Friday, May 22, 2009

I am the tortoise of weight loss...

...and I'm alright with that. I had my official WI this morning and I lost 1.8lbs, bringing my weight loss total to 33.4lbs since January 5th. The first 30lbs came off easy, since then every pound has been slow going, but it's ok. I'm still losing. I'm not going in reverse, I am getting more tone, I am healthier than I've been in...well, ever and I feel good about myself. I know that slow weight loss is more apt to stay off. I am at 176.2lbs and proud of it. :)

I skipped the gym for 2 days...in a row. On Tuesday I got home from work and all I wanted to do was sit on my couch and do nothing. I haven't had a night in months that wasn't "get home from work, go to gym, back home, do laundry, cook dinner, go go go" or "get home from work, change clothes, go out with friends, go go go" that I decided I had earned a lazy night. So I took one. Wednesday is my scheduled "skip day" from the gym because I play in a team trivia league, so I skipped then too. Thursday I did a two hour work out and I felt great. I did 5 miles on the treadmill (running for two) and just when I thought I might give up I thought about crossing the finish line of a 5k this fall and it made me just keep on going. I felt amazing afterward. Some days I really don't feel like working out, but I just think about how great I feel after a work out and that will usually get me there. I think I'm addicted to the endorphins.

Overall, I'm happy with my week. 1.8lbs is a loss I am happy with. I ate well, I went out with friends, allowed myself to have a good time and not stress about counting every single point and I still lost.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.