Tuesday, May 26, 2009

One of THOSE Days

Yesterday was one of those days. You know the ones. It was a roller coaster.

I woke up, felt good, only had a half day of work, ate my oatmeal with berries, headed to work.

Got to work, it was a mad house per usual, got a headache, got grumpy, stuck it out knowing that when I got home I could spend the afternoon relaxing at the pool after the gym.

Got home, pulled my car into the driveway, out came the clouds which stayed around all day. Ate lunch, totally gave into my couch which has it's own gravitational pull, still had a headache, so I took a nap.

Woke up and all I wanted was a greasy pepperoni pizza and a snickers bar. Fought off that craving, make healthy dinner of grilled vegetables and multi-grain pasta, decided instead of the gym to take my dog (who is lazier than my husband) on a walk, we walked two wonderful miles, saw a gopher on a golf course like Caddyshack (it was even kinda dancing...or eating, but I like dancing better) and I felt great when I got home. I ate well, got some exercise.

Then, the bottom fell out. It started with "I'll have some frozen yogurt...on top of a No Pudge Brownie...with fat free cool whip...a couple pretzels crushed on top...oh, I have white chocolate chips too" and before I realized it, I had eaten a good 3/4 cup of white chocolate chips, the entire ice cream sundae from hell and later fixed a 100 calorie bag of popcorn.

Granted, one heavy dessert slip...not too bad, but I also went over points (stupid beer) on Saturday. I didn't even really enjoy what I binged on! I'm a firm believer that if you are going to go wild, go wild on something you really want. I didn't really want white chocolate chips. They were just there. I think they will be going just in the trash can when I get home tonight.

I'm not going to be hard on myself, it is what it is. Today is a new day and so far so good. I have my food for the day pretty much planned out. I am going to the gym after work. My Nike+ kit and new Ipod should arrive today. All is well. I will not let my food addiction beat me this time. This time I'm calling the shots.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.