Monday, February 22, 2010

Where did the weekend go?

This weekend just seemed to FLY by. Friday night I made my "leftover whatever" pizza, which turned into a Roasted Veggie Pizza. It was delightful! Then I settled in to watch the movie Food Inc.. I thought it was a very eye opening movie. I will be a little more selective of my food from here on out I think. It's good to be knowledgeable, but my food ignorance bubble was kind of blissful.

Saturday I went grocery shopping and that was it. Literally. I went grocery shopping and I came home, laid around the house all day with the husband who was feeling under the weather. At first I was kind of upset for wasting a beautiful day, but honestly it felt nice to just do absolutely nothing.

Sunday, I had a GREAT run!



I think me and the Asics GT-2110s have officially bonded. The weather was absolutely beautiful and I ran the island of Sunset Beach again. I am really beginning to enjoy my Sunday training runs a lot. Sometimes it's hard to get out the door, but once I do, I love it!

After my run I went to my friend Kelly's house for coffee, which turned into lunch, which turned into beers sitting out in the sun for the afternoon. It was a great, laid back time and perfect for the weather. I even demonstrated some yoga moves since I was feeling so Zen.



Would the pose had been more effective had I put the beer down? Maybe. Would it have been as funny? No.

I was doing GREAT on my points going into Sunday and had not dipped into my flex points once. Then, the beer started. I ended up using quite a few flex points by the time I ate dinner, but it was well worth it and I didn't go completely overboard.

All in all it was a great weekend, the husband is feeling a little bit better and now it's time to tackle another week!

Tonight for my Meatless Monday dinner, I am making Roasted Bell Pepper & Tomato Soup with a grilled cheese sandwich. Yummy! I'll be back tomorrow to share pictures!

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

Unknown on February 22, 2010 at 10:58 AM said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Great job on the run! :)

Robyn on February 22, 2010 at 11:51 AM said...

Nice run! I'm having trouble counting all my WW points if I eat anything outside of what I know the points for it are. I'm attempting to make tomato soup tonight from scratch too!

Previously Plump... in progress on February 22, 2010 at 12:30 PM said...

ou, nice run - that's a wicked time! I'm hoping to be that fast come may when I have my first 6 mile race.

mmm, beer..... it's a drink of the gods, I tell you.

Glad you had a wicked weekend :) You're looking great!

Nikki Bond on February 22, 2010 at 5:16 PM said...

What a cool picture! I really want to watch that movie and may just have to strap the hubby to the couch sometime soon to watch it with me :)

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.