I feel like I should have them bronzed or give them a Viking Burial at Sea complete with flaming boat. (Was that the Vikings?) Instead, I will retire them as runners and make them my everyday wear type kicks. You were good to me GT-2140s...thanks for the ride, but now the Nike+Ipod Sensor Pouch has been passed.
This morning me and the 2110s went for our first run. My knees automatically rejoiced at having a cushioned landing again. The sides of my feet need a little readjustment period, they were burning a little by mile 2. They'll get broken in quickly enough.
A little slow this morning...and I'm going to blame the rookie shoes. :)
Last night for dinner, I made Lasagna Babies! They are yummy! Here's the recipe!
Lasagna Babies (adapted from WW Mag Jan/Feb 2010)
1 cup fresh spinach
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 tsp salt (divided)
1 cup fat free Ricotta cheese
4 Tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 cup light pasta cause (I use Ragu tomato basil)
3 whole wheat lasagna noodles, halved
1. Boil lasagna noodles in salted water until just soft, drain.
2. While noodles boil, preheat oven to 375 degrees, spray 2 5” rectangle mini loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Mix spinach, eggplant and onion. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring once until veggies are fork tender. Drain any water and sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt.
4. Mix ricotta, 3 tbsp of Parmesan and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Mix pasta sauce, red pepper flakes and 1/8 of a teaspoon salt in a separate bowl. When noodles are ready, layer 2 tbsp sauce in the bottom of each pan, then 1/2 a noodle, then 1/2 the veggies, 1/2 a noodle, half of the ricotta mixture, 2 tbsp sauce, 1/2 a noodle then top with remaining sauce and 1/2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese each.
5. Cover each pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10-15 minutes until bubbling.
Per the magazine (and I made no changes the should affect points value) each Lasagna Baby is 7 points.
So based on the comments I got yesterday it seems a lot of us are Type A personality control freaks! I'm so glad I'm not alone! I think in the future I need to work on that a little bit.
Learn to live more in the moment...let me just add that to my To-Do list in the Panic Book...
Happy Thursday! :)