Thursday, February 11, 2010

It’s officially official!

It’s officially official! I am registered for the Oak Island Lighthouse 10k, that I have already been training for! The race is on April 17th. It goes over the Oak Island bridge, another high rise style bridge and winds through Oak Island. I am excited for this race, not only because it’s my first 10k, but because two of my friends will be participating in the 5k!

005 IMG_0132
Jen Kelly

It’s Jen’s first 5k race and Kelly’s return to races! I am so proud of both of them and I know having them there will keep me motivated! How could I not have fun with these two around? And if I drop somewhere in the middle, two people will be at the end wondering where I am and will hopefully pick me up on their way home! :)



I ran this morning...don't lecture. My knees felt fine, it was mostly just the bending action that was causing me pain. They are a little tender since the run, but nothing major and I'm wearing flats today to be a little kinder to my legs in general...actually, I'm wearing my awesome furry boots that I got in Greensboro, remember them? Here's my run stats, not terrible...



It felt pretty good. My next scheduled run is a 4 mile training run on Sunday. I'm going to try it, but I will stop if I have any pain. Tomorrow is some more 30 Day Shred, I moved up to Level 2 on Monday. That DVD kicks my ass. Period.

I think that's it for today! I am making a big taco salad for dinner and I'm really excited about it!

What has been your favorite meal that you have had this week?

6 comments:

Unknown on February 11, 2010 at 10:33 AM said...

whoo hooo congrats on the race! :)

Syl on February 11, 2010 at 11:14 AM said...

Can't wait for the recap you girls are going to do great!

Corletta on February 11, 2010 at 11:53 AM said...

Hey,
What kind of knee pain are you feeling? Have you been to the doc. It may just be your body getting use to distance running. Then again, it could be a problema!

Nikki Bond on February 11, 2010 at 12:58 PM said...

I totally understand how this is a BIG step- even though you are saying your going to do a race, actually registering for it is SCARY (ok, for me it is...I still haven't registered for my 5k in March and I'm kind of scared too!). Congrats on the big step!

Tonyne on February 11, 2010 at 1:06 PM said...

@Corletta - I wrote about my knee issues a couple of days ago. I go through pain occasionally with them, no Dr. They are doing better though. Thanks!

Mallory on February 11, 2010 at 9:15 PM said...

Wooo 10K...That'll be fun!! Good job on the running, you'll be awesome at the race :)

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.