Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesdays are a Battle

Photobucket

I always struggle on Wednesdays. My husband almost always falls asleep on the couch on Tuesday nights. I have no idea why, but he does. I always schedule a work out in my living room on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. If he's asleep in the living room, I obviously can't work out in there. So, when my alarm goes off at 6am and I realize he's not in the bed on Wednesday mornings I re-set the alarm for 7 and go back to sleep. This morning was of course, one of the same...add that to the fact I've slept poorly the past 2 nights and I slept until 7:30am, making my whole morning a rush.

This is wrong on so many level but here are a few reasons.

1. I have a laptop that plays DVDs and a huge bedroom. Problem solved.
2. I am in a significantly bad mood almost every Wednesday because I don't work out in the mornings, I know how to correct the situation, but I continue to do this same thing every Wednesday.
3. I end up working out after work on Wednesday, I much prefer morning work outs because it sets the tone for my entire day.

So, this throws my whole day off, makes me mad at the husband (for no good reason) and dampers my spirit.

Did I mention I'm a creature of habit? If my habit or routine is broken I get really grumpy. I even carry around a book with me that I call "The Panic Book" it's a day planner that has everything from my meals, work outs and blog ideas to reminding me to do laundry or take the trash out. I like to have a schedule, or I feel like I might forget something. I feel out of control and I do not like that feeling.

Wow. You guys just got a peek into my head...be careful, it's scary in here.

What I need to do now is take a deep breath.

*IN*

and

*OUT*

I know I will do a work out after work. I had a great Green Monster Smoothie this morning, have a healthy lunch, snack and healthy dinner planned. One rescheduled work out should not ruin my day.

Do you ever feel, during weight loss or trying to change your life in any way really, that routine is crucial? Do you get flustered when it's thrown off?

4 comments:

Dana on February 17, 2010 at 11:00 AM said...

My bf takes life by the horns and whatever else may come his way in good time, but I need a schedule too. It drives me crazy as well if things, especially meals and workouts, don't go as planned! Its extra stress on myself, when really its unnecessary. I think its because I don't want to make a habit of bad habits? I don't adjust easily to change..

Unknown on February 17, 2010 at 11:33 AM said...

Hope your day gets better! :) Oh and YES I get all flustered when my plans are messed up- I am such a creature of habit. lol

Mallory on February 17, 2010 at 12:37 PM said...

Oh yes, I love routine. I was thinking about that too, today. How to plan surprises into my routine and better cope with them. Hopefully you'll use the laptop next time, we don't need a grumpasaurus rex running around!

Syl on February 17, 2010 at 1:02 PM said...

I work out in the evenings and sometimes get so FRUSTRATED because things don't go as planned, especially with two kids.

I remember last summer it was gorgeous out and I wanted to go for a bike ride on a trail that takes 1/2 by car to get there. My kids were not cooperating and I didn't leave the house until 8:00, I remember the whole car ride there I was LIVID! Until i got there and saw how many people were out working out with their kids, or even on their own, everyone made it work. I just needed to learn to breath a little :-)

Hope you can get your workout in tonight!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.