Monday, February 8, 2010

Meatless Monday – Broccoli & Ginger Tofu Stir-Fry

 

I had such a good experience the first time I used Tofu for Meatless Monday, I decided to try it again! I found this recipe in the Weight Watchers Fall 2009 20 minute Recipes magazine. I have modified it slightly so only be 2 servings (instead of 4), I served with rice instead of pasta and I only used broccoli instead of a stir-fry vegetable mix.

Food - Broccoli  and Ginger Tofu Stir-Fry 009

Broccoli & Ginger Tofu Stir-Fry

1 cup cooked brown rice

Cooking Spray

1/2 of a 20 oz. package of extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2” cubes

1/3 of a bag of frozen broccoli florets

1/4 cup diced onions

1/2 cup vegetarian vegetable broth (just shy of 1/2 probably)

2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce

1.5 Tbsp of dry white white

1/2 Tbsp cornstarch

1 teaspoon fresh peeled and minced ginger

1.5 garlic cloves minced

1. Heat large non-stick wok over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray, add onion and tofu and sauté 7 minutes or until browned.

Food - Broccoli  and Ginger Tofu Stir-Fry 006   Food - Broccoli  and Ginger Tofu Stir-Fry 007

2. Microwave broccoli according to package directions. Whisk together the next 6. Add broth mixture to wok and cook 2 minutes of until slightly thickened. Remove pan from heat and stir in vegetables. Serve over rice. (Serving size 1 1/2 cups tofu mixture and 1/2 cup rice)

WW Point Value – 5 per serving

Food - Broccoli  and Ginger Tofu Stir-Fry 003

Note: While my rice cooked, I pressed the tofu cubes to release excess moisture.

This is an ok stir-fry. I will eat it, but prefer the Baked Tofu recipe much better. The sauce has a good flavor, but the tofu in this recipe is bland. I think marinating the tofu in the vegetable broth mixture before cooking would be a good solution. Or using a Lawry’s type marinade. I love their Sesame Ginger one!

1 comments:

Tracy on February 8, 2010 at 9:31 PM said...

might try this one.

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.