My meatless Monday this week is restaurant worthy. Hold onto your meat loving pants.
Grilled Veggie Sandwich with Horseradish Mayo
1/2 a small loaf of ciabatta bread, cut into 4 slices, scoop some of the soft bread out to make room for the veggies
3 one inch slices of eggplant
1/2 of an orange pepper, sliced
1/4 of a red onion, I left mine in petals
10 stalks of asparagus
2 Tbsp Fat Free Zesty Italian Dressing
2 slices of reduced fat provolone cheese
2 Tbsp Miracle Whip
1 Tbsp prepared Horseradish
1. Marinate veggies in Italian dressing for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. When veggies are marinated, grill until slightly soft and warm.
3. While veggies are grilling, toast ciabatta bread slightly in oven at 400 degrees.
4. Layer veggies on top of 2 bread slices and place provolone cheese on top. Set other 2 slices aside. Place under broiler at 400 degrees until cheese melts. Mix together Miracle Whip and Horseradish in small bowl.
5. Remove sandwiches from oven and put 1 tbsp of the horseradish mayo on the bar slices of bread, then place them on top of the sandwiches and enjoy! I also added a little fresh spinach on mine as well!
It’s a great flavor combination, a little messy and VERY filling!