Thursday, February 4, 2010

My 100th Post!

Good Morning Everyone!!

Do you know what this is? It's my 100th Blog Post!! They always celebrate for 100th TV episodes, so I'm going to celebrate my 100th Blog Post. Yay me! :) I have come a long way in 100 posts. Some days I have no idea where I want to go with this blog, most days I don't even know what I want to write. It has been such a huge motivational tool for me! Encouragement that I get in emails and comments makes me smile every day! The Unlikely Success Story has been a huge tool in my journey, and I plan to continue to utilize it as such!

Ok, onward and upward!

As part of Operation Freezer I have a ton of talapia filets in my freezer that I need to begin to cut down on. I'm not a huge fan of talapia, it occasionally has a dirt like taste (to me) that I just can't get past unless there is a lot of flavor in the way it's cooked. Last night, I found my new favorite recipe and I believe I will be eating a lot more talapia. I found a recipe for Greek Lemon Fish in a Prevention cookbook that I have and can't find a link to on Amazon or their site. Here is how I changed it up a bit.

This is for 1 filet, 1 serving and is 4 ww points.


Greek Lemon Fish




Ingredients
1/3 pound(s) raw tilapia
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic clove(s), minced
1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp Spice Islands World Flavor Greek Seasoning

Instructions

Whisk olive oil, seasoning and lemon juice, set aside.

Coast nonstick pan with cooking spray and cook talapia filet for 2 minutes per side.

Pour olive oil mixture over fish and allow to cook for 1-2 more minutes.

Serve talapia with pan juice spooned on top.

I served it with a side of Quinoa that I cooked in chicken stock with olives and green beans. It was a very satisfying, healthy meal!

If you haven't tried Quinoa yet, I highly recommend it! It has a great flavor and texture! From the website, here are some more reasons to enjoy Quinoa!

4 more reasons to enjoy the benefits of quinoa:

1. It’s a VEGETARIAN solution, a balanced-amino-acid source of high quality protein.

2. It’s a SENIOR solution, a high-iron food that raises the hematocrit, delivers more oxygen to the brain, fights senility.

3. It’s a DIABETIC solution, a very low-glycemic-index cereal type food.

4. It’s a TASTE SOLUTION, quite delicious.

How can you go wrong!

I did my 30 minute training run this morning.



It felt like my legs were lead and I never really found my stride. You have to take the good runs with the bad. They happen sometimes!

I had my Green Smoothie this morning, this time with Banana, Peaches and Spinach and now I'm enjoying a Chai Tea with some Light Vanilla Soy Milk. It's the first time I've had Chai Tea and I like it! With the Vanilla Soy Milk is tastes a little like a spice cake with cream cheese icing. Or at least that's how it tastes to me! I think it might be a somewhat acceptable substitute (occasionally) for my morning travel mug of coffee!

So, it's Thursday...we have almost made it to the weekend. Who's excited for Superbowl? Anyone making any special recipes for the big game? I'd love to hear about them!

9 comments:

Heather @ Side of Sneakers on February 4, 2010 at 9:57 AM said...

Happy 100th!!! That fish looks great :)

Syl on February 4, 2010 at 10:04 AM said...

Happy 100th looking forward to many many more!

Trudy on February 4, 2010 at 10:05 AM said...

Happy 100th! :)

Unknown on February 4, 2010 at 11:06 AM said...

I luv Quinoa, but I hate fish. lol I think that is one of the few things I am just not ever going to like. lol

Not a football fan and we were going to go to a super bowl party but my brother is coming up for a visit (from San Diego) so I skipped out on the party. :) Yippeeee!

Unknown on February 4, 2010 at 11:06 AM said...

OOHH!! HAPPY 100 posts! whoohooo!

Continuous Changes on February 4, 2010 at 12:09 PM said...

Happy 100th post :) Can't wait to see where you take this! I am going to definitely have to try me some Quinoa, I always hear great things.

I have THE HARDEST time getting to the 3 mile mark when I run. The first 3 miles are my battle, after that, I usually have my stride. So, I feel you with the bad runs, sister :)

Amanda, another priorfatgirl on February 4, 2010 at 12:13 PM said...

wooo wooooo happy 100!!!! not watching the super bowl, but if i WERE, i'd make some fantastic guacamole. heck, maybe i'll make a small batch anyway now that i'm thinkin about it. i could put it on a veggie burger ... or anything else i can get my hands on, for that matter.

Corletta on February 4, 2010 at 3:15 PM said...

What's funny is that I didn't even realize that the superbowl was here. Shows you how much I watch television. Thanks for the Tilapia recipe!

Nikki Bond on February 4, 2010 at 4:34 PM said...

My 100 is coming up so fast! (I sort of sometimes posted twice a day so it's coming up faster than usual...teehee...). Anyways, congrats! And that fish picture just made me hungry!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.